Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What is you Scout status?

• My Scout is sitting happily in my garage! Proud owner!

• Pre-ordered with money down: First Run

• Pre-ordered with money down: Second or more run

• No money down but 100% sure I'll get a Scout once they become more available

• Not sure about buying a Scout. Need to learn more about reliability.

• Will not be buying a Scout

• Canceling my pre-order because of all the delivery issues and quality control concerns

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there are a couple threads about people who have and are waiting for their Scouts. But I thought it would be nice to see the actual stats. I'm going to make it so you can change your "vote" if your status changes, i.e. went from money down to in possession.

I hope there aren't too many options.

(Moderator: Please fix my typo in the poll title. "Your" instead of "You." Bugs me! Thanks! :))

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got mine in December, rode it a bit then parked it in my garage. Now a local dealer has mine on the showroom floor. Not the dealer I bought it from. This dealer will not get a scout in until the end of February. In exchange for free first service, store credit and any accessories I get they will put on!

Great guys at Rollin' Fast Indian in Lebanon NJ

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Waiting,...waiting,...The frown marks are getting bigger. Fortunately, it does not snow much where I live in New Zealand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thinking about buying but 1 year warranty with all the issues noted is a concern....if they gave me the 5 years id buy. I just didnt have much time to consider when the deadline came and went. Treat all 2015s the same for imo...whats the diff with a guy that hasnt received today that gets 5 yrs vs me if i ordered and got on the list? Nothing. Im still a customer who would have to wait.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Treat all 2015s the same for imo...whats the diff with a guy that hasnt received today that gets 5 yrs vs me if i ordered and got on the list? Nothing.
I have to agree, Some 2015s getting a 5-year warranty and all others getting 2-year seems a bit discriminatory to me too.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
Just got an update. They're getting 5 black scouts in the next couple weeks. I'm number 7. :-(

·
Senior member / rider
1,296 Posts
So now that there are some teething problems starting to raise their heads, I wonder if I'm glad I got mine early in the run. I usually am not an early adopter, I hope these early editions aren't duds...

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While it's unfortunate anyone felt the need to cancel due to order and/or reliability issues, I guess it's a positive sign only one person of the 37 who pre-ordered a Scout is pulling out. I wonder if that statistic will hold true if bikes aren't being delivered by Spring. Personally, if I don't have a cycle between my legs by early to mid-April, I'm pulling my downpayment and looking elsewhere as well.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
Still discriminatory. All 2015 Scouts should come with a five-year warranty.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them come out with a "special limited time offer" to get a 5 year warranty on a Scout, then extend the offer again and again until all 2015 Scouts get it. They pulled that shit with the 2014's.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them come out with a "special limited time offer" to get a 5 year warranty on a Scout, then extend the offer again and again until all 2015 Scouts get it. They pulled that shit with the 2014's.
Well by the time we all get ours, shouldn't they be considered 2015 1/2? I could get a fifty year warrantee and it wouldn't do me any good if I never GET the bike.

·
Registered
672 Posts
While it's unfortunate anyone felt the need to cancel due to order and/or reliability issues, I guess it's a positive sign only one person of the 37 who pre-ordered a Scout is pulling out. I wonder if that statistic will hold true if bikes aren't being delivered by Spring. Personally, if I don't have a cycle between my legs by early to mid-April, I'm pulling my downpayment and looking elsewhere as well.
Don't open your legs too soon , you may get to take a "poll" you weren't expecting. I didn't expect them to take so long, or I'da stopped and picked up some Lucas for my tuccas.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Still discriminatory. All 2015 Scouts should come with a five-year warranty.
Who decides who gets a two year warranty and who gets a five and what is his logic behind it?
Ap-Pal

1 - 20 of 95 Posts