Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am in love with the Scout Bobber.
I went to the local dealership and just sat on it for good 20 minutes. Wanted to buy on for quite some time
The problem is, I'm 6"3 and even though I didn't feel cramped, I thought I kind of looked too big on the bike.
Just wanted to ask for another opinion.
Does it look like a toy when I'm on it?
Here are the pics:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't worry about how you look on it, if it makes you happy and you think you will like it long term, buy it. Like the saying goes "Live like you'll die tomorrow, Love like there's no tomorrow and Dance like no-one is watching". By the way, you look fine on it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about how you look on it. I’m slightly taller than 6”4, and I could care less about how I look, except for the seat it’s plenty comfortable.
Having said that though, if the new chief that’s coming out would’ve been available when I bought my scout, I’d probably be on a Chief. Even though dimensionally it’s only slightly, and I mean slightly bigger, but probably not as fast.

·
Silver member
3,640 Posts
The Scout (or Scout 60) is no toy. It's not a large bike but that's a lot of the appeal. It's more "flickable," has a really low stance, and is a great looking bike with you or anyone on it.

Not sure if you have the extended reach seat or pegs (doesn't look like it) but those would stretch your legs out a bit more, and are intended for tall folks. Also FYI or for others, I'm pretty sure the stock bobber peg position is farther back than the stock Scout peg position.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm six even. I love my bobber. Have 25k miles on it already. It's not about how you look

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,730 Posts
Smoke monster from LOST...

Run !

P.S. Have the sales staff use your phone to vid you riding by from a distance of about 50 yards. Doing this stopped me from buying a Diavel ( 6'1")..

Reactions: jbtamug99

·
Registered
2019 FTR 1200 S
65 Posts
You look really silly in that helmet! The bike and you look great though!

Reactions: Black Pearl Bobber

·
Registered
107 Posts
Scout is a great bike. I'm not quite as tall as you (I'm 6' 1 ish) but I did own a scout for a couple years and loved it. Fast, handles great, not a better solo rider out there (IMO). The only reason I traded it in was because I do alot of long distance rides with the wife and she didn't appreciate it as much as me lol. Put some mini apes on there and cruise away man!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've only seen two "ridiculous" pairings that I can recall;
A former employee who was 5'8" and 475 lbs riding his Honda Ascot 500 cc - single lung (looked like the tire was shoved up his @$$ and the plate was taped to his belt cause you couldn't see anything else when he was heading away),
and a 5'8" 145 lb friend giving a coworker (6'3, 300 lbs) a ride to pick up his truck from the shop on the back of his Cagiva 125. Not sure how he kept the front wheel down to make the turns.
Motorcycles are like handguns.... if they don't feel comfortable, you won't use them well. It's more about "feel" than anything else.
The Scout has plenty of power and is nimble, making it a really responsive and fun ride.
From the pics, there's no mismatch there. As the others said, there are plenty of accessories that can make the fit even more comfortable.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hello,
I am in love with the Scout Bobber.
I went to the local dealership and just sat on it for good 20 minutes. Wanted to buy on for quite some time
The problem is, I'm 6"3 and even though I didn't feel cramped, I thought I kind of looked too big on the bike.
Just wanted to ask for another opinion.
Does it look like a toy when I'm on it?
Here are the pics: View attachment 626897 View attachment 626898
You are too big. That makes you look like you are on a 50cc scooter

·
Registered
341 Posts
The bike feels small because it's so low. At least that's what i think. I've 5'7 and I thought the same thing when I first saw it. I actually bought the bike before I ever saw it in person. I only rode a scout before. a 2016. When I saw the bobber I was like wholly shit this thing is small. Don't notice it a bit now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Scout is only about 3.5 inches shorter in length than an HD Road King. As the other mentioned, put some taller bars on it and it will feel "bigger" and more relaxed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doesn't matter what people think about how you look on the bike, they won't be making the payments on the bike for you. All that matters is you like the bike and enjoy riding it. You aren't buying the bike for them anyway, it's for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also. WTF. It looks like you guys have clear rear turn signal lenses across the pond. Not fair. Although you have the lame rear license plate mount. haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends on your objectives: if you feel ok on the bike and just want to ride it than it's very ok. You are quite tall and all bikes will look a little small. In my opinion you look fine :)

If you want to please the others than such a question would be valid ;)

PS
I'm 186cm and at the dealership the salesman was trying to convince me to buy bigger bike (Chief). But Scout is much more nimble and I ride in a city traffic quite often so just bought it and do not regret the decission :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts