Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your opinion on Chieftain front and rear tubular bumper guards?

Do you you think they protect the fenders enough to make the cost worth while? Do you think they ugly up the front end or add some nostalgia to the valanced fenders? I really don't mind how they look as long as they add some protection to the fenders.
Some think they look ugly and don't do much but add weight.

Thank you for weighing in with your thoughts.

·
Registered
312 Posts
What's your opinion on Chieftain front and rear tubular bumper guards?

Do you you think they protect the fenders enough to make the cost worth while? Do you think they ugly up the front end or add some nostalgia to the valanced fenders? I really don't mind how they look as long as they add some protection to the fenders.
Some think they look ugly and don't do much but add weight.

Thank you for weighing in with your thoughts.
Really don't know if they work or not? I do know fender and fender tips the first place to get nicked or scratched and I have total custom paint job front to back with air brush etc. on my tank. I'm going with those (stupidly high priced fender tips) and leaving it at that since not real fond of the appearance of those guards? Curious to see what you hear on this question. Following.

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
I can't tell you... but to me they look purely cosmetic... I think they do look good, but as you said kinda pricey..

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
983 Posts
I have them on my 14 Classic, had them on my 2K Gilroy as well.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have them. Absolutely give the bike the classic look.

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
Founding member
954 Posts
My vote is for adding them. Also the front and rear mud flaps. They will work for bumping into stuff. Pushing bike in or out of garage. Just like HDs bagger front and rear bumpers. But I like the looks of Indian's much better.

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for your opinions guys, very interesting!

·
Rider
749 Posts
I have them on both front and rear. Love the look and yes, I've bumped a few things since I installed them so functionally-wise, they're worth it also.

UGLY and a great way to add more weight and slow the bike down.
LOL! Taking a deuce before you ride will more than make up for the weight of these.

If you're smashing your bike into stuff....might want to spend the money on glasses, instead, lol
Has nothing to do with eye site but rather, everything to so do with old age and forgetting to pay attention!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts