Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given much thought to what will happen once that brand new Scout is actually in your possession and ready to ride?? Just curious as to what some of you may be planning for the inaugral riding season with your new baby...

Commence daily commuting the morning after you pick it up?

Planning a trip? A weekend, week, month, year??

Weekly Bike Nights only, until you get the first scratch on it?

Get it to the strip to see how fast it is?

Rip 'er down to the frame for a complete custom build up??

Will it be a showpiece or a workhorse?

Personally, next summer, I'm planning to ride quite a ways in one direction before turning around to come back home. Not sure for how long... Also will be doing a few 3-4 hour (one way) highway commutes during the break-in between home and visiting family and friends.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Has anyone given much thought to what will happen once that brand new Scout is actually in your possession and ready to ride?? Just curious as to what some of you may be planning for the inaugral riding season with your new baby...

Commence daily commuting the morning after you pick it up?

Planning a trip? A weekend, week, month, year??

Weekly Bike Nights only, until you get the first scratch on it?

Get it to the strip to see how fast it is?

Rip 'er down to the frame for a complete custom build up??

Will it be a showpiece or a workhorse?

Personally, next summer, I'm planning to ride quite a ways in one direction before turning around to come back home. Not sure for how long... Also will be doing a few 3-4 hour (one way) highway commutes during the break-in between home and visiting family and friends.
The first 3 months I will stare at it in the garage! Then I will decide what is next! THANKS POLARIS

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Probably ride it to work on the sunny, clear, dry pavement days between December and April, then take it up into the high country for some "real world" testing on the twisties. After that ... anything can happen.

·
Registered
558 Posts
First. I'm gonna be smiling my ass off and glad I got in on this historic event. Next, ride it home, pickup my wife and see how the Scout handles two of us. After that, it's gonna be my ride to work and back as much as I possible can because the cooler season in Florida will be here and the riding will be like Maine in the Fall! Life is good!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Daily commuter 40 miles a day. My Street Glide is way too heavy to split traffic much longer.
I'm not thinking I'm riding the Scout more than 150 miles in a day if I go on longer rides. We'll have to see how it feels before I plan any longer trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts