Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any rumors or speculation on Indians next surprise ? I think the Scout lineup will see some different configurations, but what about the Chief. Just something to think on for grins..

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
My prediction is that we are going to see things level off for a spell.

All of this talk about a Dark Horse don't really excite me much.
I like the way it looks but the whole approach sort of reeks like Harley gussying up one basic motorcycle 15 ways from Sunday.

I sure hope we don't get much deeper down that road. How many models do we have now on the TS111 platform? Is it 4? and with a little flat black paint ya got 5? Huh-uh, that dog don't hunt.

Not that they really got to do anything. The TS111 and the Scout are both class acts.

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
I'd really like to see Indian stabilize production and get caught up on parts distribution before they add another new model to the line up.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
Historically, as the previous line up goes.. Yes logically the 4 would be next.

I've read that there has been a pent up demand for new antique looking bikes.
Once we're past that then, indian is going to have to become very creative.

Interesting article :

Indian Motorcycle

·
Registered
206 Posts
Historically, as the previous line up goes.. Yes logically the 4 would be next.

I've read that there has been a pent up demand for new antique looking bikes.
Once we're past that then, indian is going to have to become very creative.

Interesting article :

Indian Motorcycle
That is an interesting article. That dude is a Harley fan for sure. He was pretty hard on the new Indians.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
That is an interesting article. That dude is a Harley fan for sure. He was pretty hard on the new Indians.
Yes he was... Harley fan or not he's also hard on the twin cam.. But I think he's being realistic about HD twin cam.

I think his opinions are interesting!

I myself love the HD, flaws and all.

I would like to see indian carve out a market for its self.. But it's going to have to think out of the box..

The Indian 4 is a great opportunity to build something that really stands out.

But in my opinion, it's all about the motor..
And if they put a typical 4 cylinder engine in that bike, they've missed it..

I've been slammed in here for talking yamaha R1 motor..

But it's that kind of modern tech that's going to win. Especially in the cruiser market!! (My opinion)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting article to be sure, also a bit dated. I owned a 2006 sportster 1200c, the same bike he is using for comparison, they are like apples and oranges. It is only my opinion the author needs to spend some time on a new chief, too many assumptions based on his experiences with Victory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts