Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question #1: I asked the salesman what's included in the sale, i.e. tools, cleaning kit, paper owner's manual, etc.? He didn't know! For those fortunate few Scout owners, does a tool kit come with the bike? Owner's manual in print? Cleaning supplies? Other?

Question #2: We've all learned the hard way that Scouts are not discounted. In fact, the opposite is true. Dealership fees are literally adding thousands to the cost of a Scout. So to offset the pain, what has the dealer thrown in on your deal? Key chain? Tee-shirt? Belt buckle? A handshake? Other?

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Question #1: I asked the salesman what's included in the sale, i.e. tools, cleaning kit, paper owner's manual, etc.? He didn't know! For those fortunate few Scout owners, does a tool kit come with the bike? Owner's manual in print? Cleaning supplies? Other?

Question #2: We've all learned the hard way that Scouts are not discounted. In fact, the opposite is true. Dealership fees are literally adding thousands to the cost of a Scout. So to offset the pain, what has the dealer thrown in on your deal? Key chain? Tee-shirt? Belt buckle? A handshake? Other?

I got a key chain! It leads a double life as a bottle cap opener! :cool:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

They did want to take my photo but I declined, afraid they would bill me for it.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
You get a manual, shock spanner wrench, and in my case two dealer tshirts LOL

Reactions: aln.brown

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Oh damn! They DID take my picture.... I better check my invoice! :eek::eek: View attachment 5289
Could have been worse, but understanding what to expect I brought a tube of KY.:confused:. It's been 5 day's now since that L.V. experience and rarely have a PTS flashback, there getting less and less as time go's by. And if you haven't done the 500 $$$$ervice; the 5 dealerships I checked with all stated 2 1/2 to 3 hours labor, then add the oil kit and do the math.

Nothing bout my baby's cheap, but so far she's worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
And if you haven't done the 500 $$$$ervice; the 5 dealerships I checked with all stated 2 1/2 to 3 hours labor, then add the oil kit and do the math.
Mine was $339.00 total for 2 1/2 hours labor and the oil change kit.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oil Change Kit? What's that mean? Is it the oil and filter?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Oil Change Kit? What's that mean? Is it the oil and filter?
Yes, the kit consists of oil, filter and compression washers. The dealer (or you if you do your own) use that when doing oil changes

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is changing the oil something the owner can do?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Is changing the oil something the owner can do?
The first 500 mile service requires bringing the bike to an authorized Indian dealer which should take approx 2 1/2 to 3 hours. They will change oil and inspect the bike. You can do the oil change service after that.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Mine was $339.00 total for 2 1/2 hours labor and the oil change kit.
Thanks for cost and time guessamite Elrod, need to schedule my 500 next week

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Three hours to do an oil change and inspection seems a bit excessive. Is the bike disassembled then reassembled? What does the 500-mile service cost?

Nevermind mentioning the cost. Just saw it in the post above.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discount 8 %, additionally a check of value 1.000€ for buying accessories, branded clothes etc.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I already got the belt buckle and jacket. They threw in the brown tee-shirt.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts

When I got my Chief the dealer gave me a free shirt and a hat when I bought the bike. I don't wear hats, so he gave me another shirt instead. Few weeks after I bought the bike they sent me a $20 coupon and a coupon for a free shirt. Then on my birthday I got a coupon for a free hat. Then on my anniversary I got another $20 coupon. They also give me 10% discount on accessories and apparel.

When we bought the Scout we got a free shirt, and a bandana. Probably could have got another t-shirt free, but we already have them all. He also gave me a penny. A 1901 Indian Head penny! I wouldn't be surprised to get more coupons and stuff in the mail from them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts