Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Chieftain, extended 'warranty/service contract' good until November 2019.

What broke: one of the 'nipples' broke off that hold the side cover on the left hand side by inserting into the rubber grommets, the cover that covers the fuse box and air shock valve.

Does anyone have personal experience with such an issue ? Did/should Polaris replace the panel ? I suspect a replacement is quite expensive.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I know that people have had them replaced under warranty for blowing off the bike when riding, but I don't know if it was the factory warranty or the extended warranty.

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
I know that people have had them replaced under warranty for blowing off the bike when riding, but I don't know if it was the factory warranty or the extended warranty.
Depends on the dealer, some weren’t honored under warranty and some weren’t. But that was for blowing off the bike. Don’t know about damage.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I would imagine that it’s covered since it not a part expected to be replaced under normal usage. I also have the 5 year extended warranty on my 2018 but I’ve not heard anything personally concerning replacing side panels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
Fork seals are wear and tear (unless they fail within the first few miles after delivery maybe...).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yes fork seals are a known issue if you don’t get them serviced at the regular scheduled maintenance. At least on my 2018 model it shows it scheduled for maintenance more often than other bikes. From what I read on the forum don’t go longer than the scheduled maintenance or they will fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts