Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take off windshield do that in doors. I use sponge plus household detergen in a bucket hot water, oven cleaning foam to get old forever stuck melted Indianmotorcyels rain trousers off the chrome. I use Dr Magic sponges on white walls, I dry off with paper then i use turtle wax on the red paint work and heavy chrome polish on chrome. Im to lazy to remove bags etc everytime, I do that just when I really need to, " Leather work" is synthetic its a 2015. Any one any tips that can get a better shine etc ? Would be appreciated. Sidecar does make it a bit awkward to get to right sifde of bike. Also live on coast whats best for removing rust pitting on mirrors.(despite garaged in trailer most of year , leak thru air vent curses lol)

·
Super Moderator
5,870 Posts
Don't use paper to dry. It leaves micro-scratches. Use a leaf blower or air hose.
Change from Turtle wax to a high end wax. Top that with matching spray on daily detailer.

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
op that with matching spray on daily detailer.
Don't use paper to dry. It leaves micro-scratches. Use a leaf blower or air hose.
Change from Turtle wax to a high end wax. Top that with matching spray on daily detailer.
what is high end wax any brand you recomend and which daily detailer ? tnx

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I use bicarbonate soda on white walls,,,, costs almost nothing and with a stiff brush it brings em back to new

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Meguires car wash, and air dryer. Bugslide post wash it works great on chrome and everything else. I used sos pads with bleach for the whitewalls . I jack the bike up and clean them. Twice a year I inspect the bike and use Wizards Choice cutting wax on any scratches or swirl marks. I wax The whole bike with Girots garage pure carbanoa wax and use a variable speed buffer.

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that will be a big help thanks

·
Banned
29 Posts
I take off windshield do that in doors. I use sponge plus household detergen in a bucket hot water, oven cleaning foam to get old forever stuck melted Indianmotorcyels rain trousers off the chrome. I use Dr Magic sponges on white walls, I dry off with paper then i use turtle wax on the red paint work and heavy chrome polish on chrome. Im to lazy to remove bags etc everytime, I do that just when I really need to, " Leather work" is synthetic its a 2015. Any one any tips that can get a better shine etc ? Would be appreciated. Sidecar does make it a bit awkward to get to right sifde of bike. Also live on coast whats best for removing rust pitting on mirrors.(despite garaged in trailer most of year , leak thru air vent curses lol)
"S.U. 1000 &/OR BIKE BRITE"..........In the shade, sprayed & rinsed, then blown/ridden Dry......30min Max!!! Tires, Wheels, Leathers, Windshields, All Surfaces..........Micheal Jackson couldn't BEAT THAT!!!!

·
Banned
29 Posts
U Wanna Put some Xtra Time N2 Them WHITE WALLS????.....ie: Scrubbin Bubbles!!!! .......Spray, Damp Wipe N Rinse.....LIKE NEW!!!! .........it doesn't effect the rubber..........

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
I found that Hydrogen Peroxide will dissolve/remove splattered bugs from the windshield and chrome quicker and easier than anything else I've tried. That or just warm water and a sponge or micro cloth.

·
Banned
29 Posts
............as far as debugging/cleaning the windshield, on, or off bike, a Bath Towel soaked in warm water, then wrung out, being placed OVER the complete windshield, o.k, even just on the outside, left to marinate the crud loose, has been very successful.......4-6mins tops......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Following this thread this had been a question on my mind for a bit now. My poor bike is starting to look like a barn find from 1901 hahaha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,870 Posts
what is high end wax any brand you recomend and which daily detailer ? tnx
Several on market now. When still available I used Liquid Glass, but they went out of business.
Any good nano coating (or even ceramic coating professionally applied) will do. I prefer products with 'sodium silicate'. One is a product by Car Guys that I am currently using. These types of coatings (not just a wax) usually require 24 hours to cure, in the sunlight. The secret here is heat activation. I apply 3 coats (3-days in warm temps) to get a solid glass like shine. I actually use my wife's hair dryer to activate after application but still let sit for a day. I do this treatment at beginning of riding season, mid-summer, and a third time in the Fall.

The 'daily detailer' should also have sodium silicate in it's formula, thus it will adhere to the primary coat with no problem. Because of the above thorough treatment, the daily detailer is usually used after every bike washing. Currently, Top Coat works well.

To remove the wax and sodium silicate, I use S-100 bike wash. Thus I can try a different brand or product, if desired. I am still looking for a great replacement to Liquid Glass.

I have a custom paint job, 5 years old now, bike still looks brand new.

·
Registered
56 Posts
"S.U. 1000 &/OR BIKE BRITE"..........In the shade, sprayed & rinsed, then blown/ridden Dry......30min Max!!! Tires, Wheels, Leathers, Windshields, All Surfaces..........Micheal Jackson couldn't BEAT THAT!!!!
So you’re using that on the bags and spraying it off with a hose? Are the bags holding their form ok? I had other leather bags that were ruined because I foolishly left them on my garage floor and then my garage flooded.

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2015 Chief is synthetic leather

Reactions: J Troska
1 - 16 of 16 Posts