Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From those who got their scoots what were the changes made as compared to the demo pre production bikes and the one you got?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing that came to mind last weeks Indian demo day was the display on the Ceiftain? I asked the guy there whats the change on the display I understand its hard to see, he told me no change just adjust the brightness as needed, Ok I said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it were the Chieftain display, only they would have been delayed. It appeared to be a common thing to delay all the bikes. Or at least it appeared that way. It will come out someday

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there were comments in some of the reviews about the seats being changed from the pre producation models, and I read something somewhere about the compass being deleted from the software... not sure about those, and I'm sure there were some more small issues that showed up in the pre production bikes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to find out what they were because I am thniking about an Indian, I am very happy with my XR classic for now just want to find out as much as possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on the current results there might have been an issue with bikes. With that said they did ship bikes based on their on going comments about September. Before anyone gets excited, some were promissed different times, all the print media and comments I have been able to uncover always said bikes would begin shipping in September and they did. If someone has press released information otherwise please share it with the rest of us while we wait.

Unfourtunately I have had far to much time to research, read and dig up news/videos relating to the 2014 Indians while waiting for mine...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the demo rides this past weekend. I was talking to the Indian driver and he stated that other than some minor fit/finish chnages the only other difference betweeen pre-production and production models was that the pre-production models needed to be started in neutral. They could not be started by simply pulling in the clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Though I haven't seen anything official, I think they improved the fly-by-wire throttle software. The demos seemed to have a noticable lag, no lag on the production bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed that the leather bags are much nicer and more consistent on mine and the other production bikes I've seen compared to the demo units.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts