Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I was thinking around the same as quinn. It would be worth that for the heads to have port and polished and or have a motor to swap a big bore kit put in,

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I seen that and was OMG!! ....and that beat to hell front fender is how much? [wideyed]

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't know how you can tell if compression is low since the motor has compression release on it. Mine read low when I bought it, but it has always run fine.

The mechs at the shop were the first to say so. They said that if it rides fine just ignore it because you can't get good compression on these motors with the release in place.

Sent using my IBM Selectric

·
Registered
103 Posts
I laughed out loud when I saw he wanted $499 for the front wheel!!!
It is completely and totally f****d!!!

Also hilarious is the rear tire: browning white walls, beaten up and half worn for $179.

There are some truly crazy people in this world. This guy is in dreamworld.

·
Registered
364 Posts
$1600 for the gas tank? Really? Wow....
Yea, and then another $169.00 for the cover that goes over the hole in the center of the tank, 299.00 for the speedo, 80.00 for the leather strap and 299.00 for the speedo cover. So for a mere $ 2450.00 you too can have a fully functional used gas tank to bolt on to your bike!

·
Banned
2,570 Posts
Yea, and then another $169.00 for the cover that goes over the hole in the center of the tank, 299.00 for the speedo, 80.00 for the leather strap and 299.00 for the speedo cover. So for a mere $ 2450.00 you too can have a fully functional used gas tank to bolt on to your bike!
LOL the used vinyl tank strap is the same price as a new custom leather one. INDIAN TANK PANELS
All this stuff is over priced.

·
Bronze member
1,672 Posts
The normal compression for the engine is between 90 - 110 lbs. Service level is below 80. They say it runs at 81 and 83. That means there can be a ton of things wrong with it. Like:
  • Slow starter crank speed
  • Valve seats messed up
  • bad piston or rings
  • leaking valves
  • valve timing off
  • Bad head gaskets
Some of those are easy to fix, some not so much. In the end, it's whatever you think you can get it for and what you think it's worth.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
they are on crac - no other explanations for their prices

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
When I saw that $499 destroyed wheel I about choked. Most of that crap is way overpriced. Weeks ago when he first listed that stuff he had the driving lights, front turn signals and a bent light bar listed for a "Buy it Now" price of $100 which was a hell of a deal. Almost bought it myself.

·
Bronze member
1,672 Posts
Now that I looked a little closer, the seller has removed a LOT of things from the engine that would have to be sourced through him or otherwise. Items like: Throttle body; injectors; header pipe covers; etc.

I also laughed at the thought of paying essentially 50% of new price for that completely unusable front fender, the rear wheel that is $100 cheaper than new, as well as the main frame that he has priced at $1K more than new!!!

On the other hand, the rotors at $60 off new price are a bargain!!! Although given the hit on the front end, I am not sure how the rotors weren't hit in that accident.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts