Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Rider
454 Posts
Yeah, I thought these ridiculous threads had been locked. Looks like a sad attempt of trolls trying to start a sh!t show!

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,680 Posts
This thread is stupid and silly. It has already been posted here and other threads by the original owner that the bike ran into a ditch and hit a concrete barrier head on.
So the neck broke before the forks bent?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,947 Posts
This thread is stupid and silly. It has already been posted here and other threads by the original owner that the bike ran into a ditch and hit a concrete barrier head on.
Buddy, I completely agree. Talk about beating a dead horse long after it was dead and buried. Aluminum castings have been around forever. They work very well for the applications for which they are designed for. I can't believe people are still arguing this when there is good riding weather. I'm done here. D

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it hit a concrete barrier head on.... then why is the front end not hardly damaged at all? That absolutely makes no sense... now that's silly. JS. ;)

·
Rider
1,004 Posts
If it hit a concrete barrier head on.... then why is the front end not hardly damaged at all? That absolutely makes no sense... now that's silly. JS. ;)
Possible that the original owner hit a barrier head on, it was fixed by someone who bought it at an auction and replaced the forks and not the frame itself.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, been getting bombed by folks here telling me to check my goose neck for flaws and posting this pic of a Chief with a snapped mount.
Does anyone know what happened here? or what could cause this to occur. I can see no recalls or warranty claims for such instances here in NZ, and looks rather clear something serious happened.
There aren't more pics that I can find, would certainly be good to know.
View attachment 596222 View attachment 596222

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Annnnnnd this thread ends. As was reported on the other thread (which was shut down last week by popular request after the mystery was solved) the bike crashed into a ditch and then a concrete drainage face. This was posted by the actual owner. We actually had two threads going on this and I missed this one.

** THREAD CLOSED

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.