·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Vintage w 7,500 miles.
Indian Stage 1 air cleaner,
Freedom True Duals,
Stage 1 cams.
I just bought the bike, and the dealer “thinks” the cams are stage 1.
What would I gain with a PV3 and a good tune?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Richer mixture, slightly cooler running temp, better throttle response, better fuel mileage, slightly more HP/TQ throughout the range.

·
Bronze member
1,923 Posts
There are no "stage 1 cams". Only stock cams, then stage2 factory (or aftermarket) cams ... and some put stage 3 BBK 116 cams into the TS111.

Having said that:
A good PV3 tune will allow your engine to run more efficiently (richer in some parts and leaner in others, less knock retard and correct timing, in short:right!) and even compensate for the Freedom True Dual torque losses.
The increased fuel economy is due to "more efficiently"...
I addition a good PV3 tune will allow for less laggy DBW throttle behaviour ... if you choose for even aggressive settings.

It WILL be well noticeable and worth it!

(I hate to state numbers, but potentially it could be around extra 10hp and 10-15ftlbs)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Rider
600 Posts
2015 Vintage w 7,500 miles.
Indian Stage 1 air cleaner,
Freedom True Duals,
Stage 1 cams.
I just bought the bike, and the dealer “thinks” the cams are stage 1.
What would I gain with a PV3 and a good tune?
The TS111 should have a more aggressive lope and muscular sound with Stage 2 Cams vs a TS111 with stock cams.
This Vintage has Indian Stage 2 cams installed

The PV3 will make the engine smoother (even with Stage 2 cams if yours has them installed), throttle response will be quicker and more precise, TS111 will be quicker revving, cooler running, and get a better MPG, with all the parts installed on your 2015 Vintage, the PV3 will be the best bang for your buck upgrade, the TS111 becomes very happy with the PV3 new mapped tunes...worth every penny I promise

*I bought my PV3 from www.fuelmotousa.com
my TS111 was tuned by CraigB1960 on this forum*

·
Rider
600 Posts
I'm assuming you bought this PV3? (for clarification for others as well as myself)

What was the average cost for the tune by CraigB?
Yes that is PV3 I bought from www.fuelmotousa.com when I bought my VooDoo Intake from them.

The tune by CraigB1960 is free from Fuel Moto. AFTER the PV3 is purchased from FM, follow the instructions on this page to obtain a tune from CraigB, he contracts with Fuel Moto, he will be the one to email you the tune file in an email.

·
Rider
691 Posts
Just got the PV3 from Fuel Moto and the tune from Craig.
Weather is rainy here in New Jersey but plan on getting out to stretch its legs soon.
What I noticed immediatly on the lift was the throttle response.
It is so quick and snappy compared to old stage1 flash. Wow im am stoked!😁😁😁
Cant wait to see how it performs on the road.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Should I wait and get a Stage II (Indian or Aftermarket intake, makes no difference to me) at a minimum before getting a PV3+Tune? Right now the only Air/Fuel mod I've got are WarHorse slip-on exhaust...It's only a 'free' one tune, correct? For instance, buy the PV3 now, get a tune for free... buy a Intake later, pay for a tune....

·
Bronze member
1,923 Posts
Should I wait and get a Stage II (Indian or Aftermarket intake, makes no difference to me) at a minimum before getting a PV3+Tune? Right now the only Air/Fuel mod I've got are WarHorse slip-on exhaust...It's only a 'free' one tune, correct? For instance, buy the PV3 now, get a tune for free... buy a Intake later, pay for a tune....
To my knowledge the canned tunes from FuelMoto are free ... if you buy your PV3 from them, regardless of the mods you do "on the way".
And their tunes already are good!

Only the ARTS is pay once per specific configuration.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Where would it be?
I'm replacing the factory seat later this week...I assume its under there somewhere...
I honestly can’t say, still riding that other brand...
Look up an installation manual for a tuner online, it will tell you where it would be installed. Its possible they did a dealer reflash, but if its all aftermarket brand parts I would expect an aftermarket tuner/programmer was installed also.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where would it be?
I'm replacing the factory seat later this week...I assume its under there somewhere...
on my 19 chieftain its conveniently under the cover on the right side, right next to the trickle charger hook up. Also in reply to what a tune would do.... it pulls everything you're doing together and makes it run to its highest potential. absolutely worth the money for the pv3. also suggest buying from fuelmoto for Craigs support. good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts