Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
  • After reading many threads I started wondering how many are like me. I never had a Indian and have had about a dozen motorcycles so far. I currently ride a 2013 Triumph America which I plan on keeping. the America is about 40 lbs heavier and is a crusier. The Scout is the first motorcycle that I looked at and totally wanted one right away. This will be a great addition to my current bikel. I dont have my black scout yet can hardly wait. I have had so far 12 motorcycles and bougjht 7 new. I had 2 Harley Soft tail and than Triumph (my favorite motorcycle) What were you riding and are you keeping it or going to one bike. I would also like any new riders to chime in if this is your first bike. Are most riders coming up from a small bike or dropping down from a big bike. Is this going to be your only bike or you adding to your stable. I thought it would be of interest what we are all coming from and buying a Scout. Thanks for any input on this I hope that this would be of interest to most of us...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Have had British Birds
Asian Cuties in every weight class
German Frauleins in middle and heavyweight class
But the scout will be my first date with an american girl so far she seems to be setting up as typical. She will be arriving late, her masscara will be running a bit. and she will be a little tipsy after a night out be careful how you park her.Yet still she will capture my heart because she is beautiful and brash.

·
Founding member
439 Posts
My previous ride was a Suzuki Boulevard C50T. Very comfortable bike, just lacked in power. Problem solved with the Scout! By the way, the Suzuki is for sale if anyone is interested.:)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
Previous ride was a 99 Suzuki marauder. As was the one before that. Had Honda Magnas, shadows, and a Suzuki GS500e. 7 bikes in all over 20 years.
Sold the marauder to help pay for the scout. Will be my only bike.
No other bike compares. None.
First all American bike, and proud to say first I'll be able to buy new outright.
Now I'm bikeless until the scout comes in. :-(

·
Registered
222 Posts
For the last ten years:
2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
2006 Yamaha FJR 1300
2007 BMW F800 ST
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa
2009 Triumph Street Triple 675
2010 Suzuki Intruder M1500 (Boulevard M90)
2011 Ducati Diavel 1198
2012 Honda VFR1200 FD (autom.)
2013 BMW R1200 GS

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The previous two rides ... V-Star 650 and 1100

twinners.jpg

I'll be keeping the 1100 a bit longer, the 650 is long gone. Before these there were a few Kawis and Hondas.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I haven't owned a bike since 2000 and that was a Harley Sportster 883.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
All in my signature .

Hmmmm...guess I need to pay better attention...this said Scout...and I don't own one! Sorry.

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm still unpurchased on the Scout but i'm here every day ...enjoy this community! So I'll contribute.....

My wife and I ride a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100....all blacked out. Old school James Dean or Steve McQueen bike from the 60's. Its our first bike and totally hooked me on motorcycles as of 6 months ago. 865cc has been a blast to learn on and transition me from the love of cars to bikes. Such a great bike...love the unique looks (get many comments on it) and having owned a Triumph 4A car in the past I am proud of the Triumph heritage as well.

I don't have a good picture on this pc but here is a good pic of one. Previous owner put Sceptre pipes on it so it has a pretty beefy sound to it now...no more sewing machine pea shooter pipe sounds.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My previous bikes were a Triumph Bonneville (great bike to learn how to ride on) and most recently a BMW F800ST (great bike). Right now I would love to have any bike to ride, as I am still waiting (as many of you are) on my Thunder Black Indian Scout! My husband has a 2014 Indian Chief Classic which he loves! Can't wait until we are both Indian owners!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Posted elsewhere all my rides, but here is the one the Scout is displacing. A BMW F800 GS. An able macine, but completely devoid of a soul. For sale if you need one...

image.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
My first bike was a 1999 Victory v92C, then a 2005 Victory Hammer Premium (which unfortunately got totaled), then took that money pocketed some of it and got a 2002 Indian Spirit, which I then traded in to get my 2015 Indian Scout.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Triumph Speed Triple....After four hip replacements can't ride with my knees in my chest anymore!
All Honda before that. My Black Scout is now the only one in my garage and I'am very:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm still unpurchased on the Scout but i'm here every day ...enjoy this community! So I'll contribute.....

My wife and I ride a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100....all blacked out. Old school James Dean or Steve McQueen bike from the 60's. Its our first bike and totally hooked me on motorcycles as of 6 months ago. 865cc has been a blast to learn on and transition me from the love of cars to bikes. Such a great bike...love the unique looks (get many comments on it) and having owned a Triumph 4A car in the past I am proud of the Triumph heritage as well.

I don't have a good picture on this pc but here is a good pic of one. Previous owner put Sceptre pipes on it so it has a pretty beefy sound to it now...no more sewing machine pea shooter pipe sounds.

This was my Bonneville:

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
My first bike was a Triumph Bonneville. I got a custom Corbin seat and had a little fairing on it. Great bike, but I ultimately got rid of it because I just couldn't keep up with my husband and it was a little gutless going up steep hills. A lot of fun though!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts