Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why in the world would the engineers and designers put the saddlebag electrical disconnect under the side panels?? I find these a real pain in the ass to remove....

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,123 Posts
Probably more worried about aesthetics than function. They also probably figured most people won't be taking them off very often

·
Registered
130 Posts
Protection, you dont want connectors sitting out in the enviorment.

Plus it would look ugly, like those ugly cable box wires - hahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you lift the side covers right where the tabs go into their retainers they come right off. Plus, you probably won't be removing the bags that often. Thanks for your service Chief, from another retired AF Chief.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
When I clean the rear fenders behind the saddlebags I just leave them connected and park them on my short mechanics stool one at a time. I wash the fender skirt and the backside of the saddlebag then pop the bag back on. I don't do this every time I clean the bike, just maybe three times per riding season.
I basically do the same thing, but more often since the riding season is 12 months a year here in the Texas Hill Country.

--------> --------> -------->

Live Free and Die Well

·
Registered
172 Posts
I kind of argee. Then when I take my saddlebags off it is usually washing the bike. I get a better clean up job on the pannels when ther off. It is part of the bike I can clean and wax standing up that saves on the ole back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I clean mine I set them on milk crates. 1 for each side. I put a towel on top of the milk crates first. No need to disconnect harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts