Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Bronze member
4,306 Posts
Hodaka 90
It's good to see another Hodaka fan appearing. Everyone who owned a Hodaka looks back with affection at those old bikes. Not my first bike but I had several Hodakas in the early 70s. When I bought a Kawasaki Versys 650 in 2008, first year of them here in Australia, so many people kept asking what the stupid name meant that I took off the badging and had some new ones made. So my Versys became a Hodaka Road Toad RT-750. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is similar to the Yamaha gt-80 my brothers and I shared when I was in highschool. Spent many hours riding on ranch land and dirt backroads in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Later in life I bought a used 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My first motorcycle - Honda VRX 400. Rare bike! JDM model from the middle of the 90s, when Honda decided to make their own Sportster, but with smaller engine (because riding big twins in Japan is pretty expensive I guess). But it's not just a Sportster clone - that's unique v-twin roadster with smooth engine, soft suspension and very comfortable seating position. I knew I won't find replacement for VRX, so I choosed a bike which I really enjoy - Scout. But this old Honda still in my heart.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My first motorcycle was a 1938 Simplex next was a Cushman Eagle scooter then a 1966 HD Sportster since then too many to remember. My best motorcycle was a 1994 HD Road King with intake cams and exhaust that thing ran perfect never had problems with it and was also my first bike to tour on rode it to Sturgis rally.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A blue Suzuki gp125, late 70's I think. I remember adjusting the chain wrong and it locking up the back wheel causing me to fall off in front of my Dad!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first was a 1981 Honda CB 400 Custom. I bought it new in 1983 as a leftover model. Traded in a really nice Honda ATC 250 R for it even up. I hated this bike - no power, cold blooded, sounded like a lawnmower, horrible ergonomics, zero cool factor.
2C5C5B11-F26E-48C2-9583-2FAA52F1B484.jpeg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I drove
AA618E1C-DF8A-4033-A581-33449752A288.jpeg
AA618E1C-DF8A-4033-A581-33449752A288.jpeg
that Honda for one season and couldn’t wait to get rid of it. In the spring of 1985 I bought a 1984 Honda Nighthawk S brand new. MUCH better! 4 cylinder power, perfect ergonomics, sounded great, and definitely cool. I still have the bike and ride it for special events.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,991 Posts
Those sleeved down 700 Nighthawks were quick and cool looking. The tariff beating 699cc didn't seem to hurt performance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t think they were sleeved down - Honda shortened the stroke with a different crank and rods to beat the tariff. It’s a screamer with the shorter stroke for sure - redline is at 10,800 and rev limiter cuts in at 11,200. Exactly polar opposite power delivery as compared to my Roadmaster.

·
Belgian rider
391 Posts
My first motorcycle 'Legal-on-the-road' was a blue Suzuki GT380, like the one on the picture below. Sad story about this bike....😰😢 I had it in my garage on my 18. Birthday and I was ready to go on the road. Legal at the age of 18 in Belgium, with a driving license. So on that day I went to the local community office to pick up my driving license. Passed my exams before 👍. In the mean time my friend took a ride on this bike and crashed it total loss.😭😢 Cause of the accident was un allowed high speed So I never had the chance to ride my Ram Air Suuz. My brother had the same bike, a gold yellow one. I drove that bike to comfort me and bought myself a Blue Laverda SF750. Those were the days in 1974.
Suzuki GT380 1973 .jpg

101 - 120 of 152 Posts