Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Rider
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are all here for the love of our Indian Motorcycles we ride. There was at one point when we got our first motorcycle. I like many others cut their teeth on the mini-bike before graduating to our first motorcycle that really got that fire lit to ride, and eventually end up with our beloved Indian.

Thought it would be interesting to find out what others first motorcycle was.

I rode a mini bike when I was first interested in two wheelers, rode it until I thought the wheels would come off, even after I out grew the mini-bike I continued to ride it. Then one Spring day when I got home after school, my step father took me out to the garage with a big smile on his face, when he opened the door, there sat a gently used 1969 Kawasaki CRT 120 Roadrunner, he handed me the keys and said it's yours and to be careful on it. I thought I had died and went to Heaven lol
All of a sudden I was the coolest kid in my tiny Montana town (at least in my own mind hehe)

I do remember a friend of my step father would come over riding a BSA 441 Victor, the guy always told me, if I could start it, I could ride it, but being so young there was NO way I could get the kick starter to move even the tiniest bit! Few weeks after I got my Kawasaki 120, he did finally start that fire breathing BSA by the steps so I could mount it and ride it around the block a few times, then when I came back I had to stop by the steps again so I could dismount the BSA...any way love walking down memory lane.

What was your first real motorcycle? The picture of the bike is not mine, but exactly like my first one - 1969 Kawasaki CRT 120.

Kaw.120.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,556 Posts
This one. Loved it. But.................

Wanted this one.

·
Rider
344 Posts
I bought a used 79 Honda cx500 deluxe with a windjammer. No test ride.
I was so green I asked the guy about the shift pattern!
My first time operating a motorcycle was the 20 mile ride home in the rain!!
Just like this one:
C29CAD60-672E-47B9-9BCE-2EDA37FAB43F_4_5005_c.jpeg

Fixed fairing from wayback

·
Bronze member
2,100 Posts
My first brand new scooter was a 1966 Honda 305 Dream,white in color and bought brandy new in 1966.Before that bike,I had a couple other smaller bikes that were given to me,but in pieces which I had to put back together and was able to ride em after,but can't remember what make they were.I wanna say they were either 90CC and or or 50CC models,but I'm not even sure about that cause that was a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.LOL LOL

·
Rider
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first brand new scooter was a 1966 Honda 305 Dream,white in color and bought brandy new in 1966.Before that bike,I had a couple other smaller bikes that were given to me,but in pieces which I had to put back together and was able to ride em after,but can't remember what make they were.I wanna say they were either 90CC and or or 50CC models,but I'm not even sure about that cause that was a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.LOL LOL
The Honda Dream was a pretty cool bike, many a young rider's dream bike! =)

HondaDream.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was 6 years old and my first bike was a Honda 50cc which my dad got me (like every great dad does without telling the mom first). Below pic is me riding at the ATV park.

I rode a lot of dirt bikes until i turned 18. Then got my first street bike :)

after about 3-4 years i traded that in for a Yamaha 950 and eventually that for my Indian Scout. Indian by far my favorite ride to date, although the v star was great bike too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I started with a mini bike with a 3.5 HP Tecumseh at 12 years old(No pictures i can find). My Dad got me a 1983 Kawasaki KZ 750 at 13 (No pictures i can find), I sold it and purchased This 1991 Suzuki Rm 125 (Below), My first everyday riding street bike was this 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan.(Below)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 111 Posts