Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what tool is needed to remove the screws from the underside of the center console that hold the top of the tank strap? It looks like a star-shaped indentation on the screw head. I have a 2019 Springfield.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kathy

·
Early joiner
236 Posts
Can someone please tell me what tool is needed to remove the screws from the underside of the center console that hold the top of the tank strap? It looks like a star-shaped indentation on the screw head. I have a 2019 Springfield.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kathy
Bristol torque wrench

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all!

I guess I'll head out to the hardware store tomorrow!

Kathy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plus you need to take your seat off as there is a small button close to the seat and just under the front edge of the seat.
I got that end of the strap off with no problem. Just frustrated at seeing the screws under the console that do not match any of the tools that I have already. :( They seem to make things harder than they need to be.....

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
I got that end of the strap off with no problem. Just frustrated at seeing the screws under the console that do not match any of the tools that I have already. :( They seem to make things harder than they need to be.....
I’ve thought the same

Sometimes wonder if manufacturers get some sort of tax benefit by using every nut and bolt supplier?

Makes no sense to have some metric some this some that
I know I can find all matching nuts, bolts, and screws from one standard company

1 - 10 of 10 Posts