Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi! The shorter Tab Exhaust on my Scout 60 is a little too loud for me. Aside from completely changing back to the factory exhaust or getting Vance and Hines pipes- can I get a slip on or some type of "silencer" to just tone it down a bit. What should I do- what can I do- best options- most cost effective. I think it would help my comfort level with longer rides.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure you heard the phrase that loud pipes save lives? They can hear you coming down the road and in passing.

I have a D&D 2-1 header on my Harley and I once had a fatcat exhaust that was so loud, it would just give me a headache after an hour or two. I spoke to those guys and they did not have a baffle that would quiet exhaust for the model I had, I ended up buying a different fatcat exhaust that was loud, but had a much better sanity balance to long riding.

Have you contacted the manufacturer for a different type of baffle before considering different exhausts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts