Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't start this thread to be a debate on PSI in the front tire. I'm well aware that we are supposed to run 46 psi in the front tire and I always have. Just wondering if the same holds true for replacement tires? I just had Dunlop E4's installed and wonder should I be running 46 psi in the front still?

·
Rider
944 Posts
I didn't start this thread to be a debate on PSI in the front tire. I'm well aware that we are supposed to run 46 psi in the front tire and I always have. Just wondering if the same holds true for replacement tires? I just had Dunlop E4's installed and wonder should I be running 46 psi in the front still?
What does the sidewall read for psi? Looking at Dunlops site for 2017 Springfield not sure what bike you have but I believe the SF oem E3 is 46. The E4 is also rated at 46. My RM is 36 psi in the front so we would need to know what bike you have to give a definitive answer.
Dunlop site E4 130/90B16

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
This has been discussed many times..... difference between 16” and 19”...... the 19” runs at 36psi.... the 16” is different between SF and other models. Follow the OM.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does the sidewall read for psi? Looking at Dunlops site for 2017 Springfield not sure what bike you have but I believe the SF oem E3 is 46. The E4 is also rated at 46. My RM is 36 psi in the front so we would need to know what bike you have to give a definitive answer.
Dunlop site E4 130/90B16
Thanks didn't think to check Dunlop's site. Yes, I have a Springfield. So, I'll continue to put 46 psi is the front. :)

Reactions: rpsibew110

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has been discussed many times..... difference between 16” and 19”...... the 19” runs at 36psi.... the 16” is different between SF and other models. Follow the OM.
Owner's manual was written for the original tires, the E3. I always have followed the 46 psi in the front. I just wondered if the PSI recommendation changed for the E4. Looks like it has not, so I'll keep using 46 psi.

Reactions: Lurch71
1 - 5 of 5 Posts