Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else has that kind of info available...I just got done with a run from watford city ND to rapid city SD today. Ambient Temp displaying on my screen was up to 105°F at times. I run with a connected dynojet display and my engine temp at times was getting over 310°F and IAT was upwards of 150°. This was the first time I’ve been above 280° for engine temp, had me a bit concerned if there will be any damage at those temps to either the oil or motor... was it a hot one today!

2018 Chieftain Limited Blue Metalic
Live free Ride hard

·
Rider
943 Posts
There are threads that already discuss engine temps and oil temps and oil break down. I am not familiar with IAT but engine temps on stock 111s with factory tune will run as high as 340-50 degrees F and this is considered in the normal range for temps. Also, oil does not start to break down until 400 degrees F

·
Bronze member
3,160 Posts
Wow,don't blame you being nervous,I would look to lower those temps as well.
I have a vintage and now I can put my hand on top of the rear valve cover.

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Where or what part of the engine does the PV3 read the engine temps from? I didn't know the unit would/could do that.

·
Rider
943 Posts
Where or what part of the engine does the PV3 read the engine temps from? I didn't know the unit would/could do that.
Back side of one of the cylinder heads don't remember which one. If I had to guess, back cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts