Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
When cornering really hard, what touches down first?
Bet it’s the back edge of the pipes on the side you corner best. For whatever reason people tend to corner better in one direction than the other.

Reactions: MinnesotaKid

·
Registered
28 Posts
Back of the stage one pipes on mine, but I have just noticed a large scrape and dent on the LH muffler about midway, must have hit something on a recent run to our Capital and back in very wet weather.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you hang your feet off the back of the floorboards like I do, then your boot heel will be the first thing to drag. Learned that the hard way haha. But yes, the back edge of the floorboards tends to drag first for me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Knees, then elbows...lol
HA HA HA, I was going to say the same thing. :D

With the Barnstorm mid-control kit and some exhaust/hard bag work that very much could be possible.

I won't give up my floorboards, but I like the kit.

·
Rider
509 Posts
HA HA HA, I was going to say the same thing. :D

With the Barnstorm mid-control kit and some exhaust/hard bag work that very much could be possible.

I won't give up my floorboards, but I like the kit.
Ordered the mid kit and a lift kit from bare knuckle performance so I’ll have to find out what drags first all over again. 😎

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ordered the mid kit and a lift kit from bare knuckle performance so I’ll have to find out what drags first all over again. 😎
Awesome bud!! Post up pics once they're installed. Did you get the T-bar setup as well? I ordered that, just waiting for them to finish the preorders and start making them.

It doesn't look like they changed the shape of the primary cover like S&S did for the King of Baggers bikes, so I'd bet that that is where you'll hit first on the left side.

I could see doing the mid controls and then a forward floor board setup like the K1600B, but I think I'll stick with just the boards for now.

·
Bronze member
1,961 Posts
Floor boards. When the stk rr tire wears out it's gettin replaced with a 180/70. Ran that size on my Vaquero and Chieftain. The forks have can be lowered in the trees about 1/8" so the 2 combines will allow a bit more lean. The taller tire always werks better for big inch v-twins and I look forward to it's benefits.

RACNRAY

Reactions: Ron505 and JonR

·
Registered
523 Posts
You might want to adjust your rear shock preload for the extra weight of a passenger.
I do. I weigh 220 and my girlfriend is 130. I set the shock to number 5-6, which should be for 500 + lbs to try to keep it up, I still scrap. The bike needs more ground clearance. I ride aggressively, by myself I`m scraping boards and the mounts, like someone posted earlier. .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts