Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit on my Springfield last week in Orange County, CA. The dealer hasn't ordered it yet, and won't order it until after they receive their first shipment in from Spirit Lake. That means I could be 4-6 weeks out with no problem, except for the problem of waiting.

In the meantime: What prices are y'all seeing on the Springfield? Are the dealers holding firm at MSRP because the Springfield is so new, and scarcity is driving their price to the top of the market?

Thanks, Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
MSRP! I bought mine last week and dealer wouldn't budge off the $21,549 (Red). Didn't really expect them to since it's a brand new model and I bought the first one they received. They did however give me a decent trade value on my 14 Chief Classic, plus the $1500 trade coupon and $1000 military discount off MSRP. Found out yesterday from the sales manager they were not supposed to give me both discounts. I felt pretty good with the deal and taking $2500 off the top didn't hurt...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
143 Posts
My dealer gave me a token amount off, which I appreciated given the newness of the model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I also will receive the veteran's discount from Polaris, which is a fantastic offer. I am trying to work out a trade or significant discount on the windshield that comes with the Springfield: at 6'0", the stock windshield is a tad short. The dealer offered a full purchase price windshield to upgrade to the taller model, but I'm pushing for them to do heavily discounted swap. In addition, I'm adding the Stage 1 exhaust, tips, and air intake; you'd figure they'd start to negotiate the price under the MSRP, wouldn't you?

IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
I don't really expect the dealers to come off MSRP at this point. A lot of dealers don't even have a Springfield on the floor yet. In my mind it's the old supply & demand. It's just my opinion, but I think this bike is going to be a hot seller. A HD road king killer! I think most dealers will take the wait and see approach with the pricing of the Springfield. They may offer you a good discount on the parts you want to add, i.e. the stage one and labor, etc...

I wanted to trade my tall windshield from my chief over to the Springfield, and let them have the Springfield windshield to put on my trade, but was told they are not interchangeable. I think in your case you'll have to buy the Tall windshield for the Springfield model. I'm 6' 1" and so far am ok with the stock shield. I only have about 80 miles on thus far, but it seems to be ok. I did 50 miles after work last Friday and I was happy!!! I look just over the top of the stock shield. With the tall I always looked through it, which is fine if it's not pouring rain or covered in bug guts. In addition I wear a 3/4 helmet with a face shield 99% of the time. The other 1% is just the 3/4 helmet with goggles. My point is, in addition to the windshield I always wear a helmet.

Never thought a guy in Iowa would be out riding before someone in Orange County, CA... Sorry you have to wait, but I promise you won't be sorry! I love this bike!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: jeffhemme

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really expect the dealers to come off MSRP at this point. A lot of dealers don't even have a Springfield on the floor yet. In my mind it's the old supply & demand. It's just my opinion, but I think this bike is going to be a hot seller. A HD road king killer! I think most dealers will take the wait and see approach with the pricing of the Springfield. They may offer you a good discount on the parts you want to add, i.e. the stage one and labor, etc...

I wanted to trade my tall windshield from my chief over to the Springfield, and let them have the Springfield windshield to put on my trade, but was told they are not interchangeable. I think in your case you'll have to buy the Tall windshield for the Springfield model. I'm 6' 1" and so far am ok with the stock shield. I only have about 80 miles on thus far, but it seems to be ok. I did 50 miles after work last Friday and I was happy!!! I look just over the top of the stock shield. With the tall I always looked through it, which is fine if it's not pouring rain or covered in bug guts. In addition I wear a 3/4 helmet with a face shield 99% of the time. The other 1% is just the 3/4 helmet with goggles. My point is, in addition to the windshield I always wear a helmet.

Never thought a guy in Iowa would be out riding before someone in Orange County, CA... Sorry you have to wait, but I promise you won't be sorry! I love this bike!!!
USMCE8, Did you experience any helmet buffeting with the stock windshield?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
USMCE8, Did you experience any helmet buffeting with the stock windshield?
Not a lot. With the tall windshield on the Chief there was no wind. There is a little now, but it's a motorcycle after all... I can wear my 3/4 (Biltwell) and my eye glasses and I'm fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking forward to no windshield riding around town and on small trips, like the cruiser that it can be. And then putting on the windshield for some upstate rides this summer. It can do both styles, which is why I chose it over the Vintage.
 

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Joined
·
2,911 Posts
Yeah, you picked a bad time to get much of any discount. Everybody is getting spring fever and the dealers know it. I would expect to pay list and a token amount off of the accessories. Vet discount is about the best deal going. Dean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I paid list price in Switzerland for my Springfield, and price is far higher than in the US. I ordered it one day after the announce, still don't know yet when I will receive it.
 

·
Rider
Joined
·
868 Posts
£19 599 Sterling list price here in the UK, which is around the same ball park as my 2014 Classic plus the accessories to kit it out like a Vintage/Springfield. I also have a sissy bar and solo rack which pushed the total price a little above the new Springfield, but not enough to worry about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Yeah, you picked a bad time to get much of any discount. Everybody is getting spring fever and the dealers know it. I would expect to pay list and a token amount off of the accessories. Vet discount is about the best deal going. Dean
Yep, this baby came out at a perfect time of year. not for the buyer though if your looking for a deal...ha. I saw two yesterday in Pa, and I asked about msrp, he chuckled at me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
MSRP, but they gave me retail value on my VTX 1300 (by adding the 1500 rebate/gimmic to get you in), and threw in the heel toe shifter. They gave me the deal I had worked up in my head, so I was very pleased. I didn't expect them to really come off MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
New model? Spring time? MSRP. Come November though, will be lots of Demo's with low miles and still qualify for the rebates! I got a great deal on my Vintage, though had the Springfield been an option then, it's what I would have gotten. Oh well, the Vintage is great, and at the price I paid, and the accessories I've thrown on it since, I'll be on it for quite a while!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top