Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What New Indian Models Do You Want To See

3K views 12 replies 0 participants last post by  stiles72 
G
#1 ·
I know we haven't even got the new Indian motorcyles to the dealers yet but I'm pretty excited to see the direction of Indian over the next few years. Despite all the nay sayers I've seen I think Indian is here to stay for a good long while. If Polaris can make Victory work for 15 years surely they can make Indian work at least 15 years. They are starting with what seems like a great product right out of the gate.
So this brings me to my question. What would you like to see Indian do over the next 3 to 5 years. What models or style motorcycles would you like to see them bring to market.
I think Indian will stay old school and it will be more about 'Traditional' cruiser style and substance while Victory will continue even more along the power cruiser more modern interpitaion of a cruiser motorcycle.
So the two things I would like to see are
1). Cheif Dark Horse model like the previous Kings Mountain bike had. With more retro blacked out look with brushed aluminum bits. Very little chrome like maybe the pushrod tubes and a small engine cover or two. But definately brushed aluminum looking heads and a few other tid bits. Something for people who like to ride lot and polish little. More Hardball than the flashy all chromed out current chiefs.

and 2). I'd like to see a new Indian Scout. I'd like to see their take on a Scout. Personally I'd like something in the 80-85ci range in a little smaller, light, super rigid aluminum frame. If all the reviews I read so far can rave about Polaris making a great handling bike out of a 111ci 850 pound behemoth then I'd like to see what they can do with a smaller lighter bike in the 600lb. range. And with a price tag more in the $14-$15K range.
Other than that I'm open to see where they go from here. I do think we will see the line up expand nicely over the next 3-5 years.

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Personally I'd like to see a modern version of the flat track bike. I would like to see Indian get back into the racing scene.

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/MvX97sf4R58?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

G
#6 ·
I'd hope they would eventually build something that doesn't look like it's trying to be 60 years old. The Chieftain indicates they aren't afraid to go where none of the recent reincarnations dared to tread but if they hold true to the history of Indian they will start to break even more new ground in American Motorcycles.
If you study the history you find that prior to their demise they were not 'nostalgia' bikes, they were cutting edge. Remaining 'nostalgic' does a disservice to the brand heritage, IMHO. I liked Polaris' comment that the Chieftain is what they believe Indian would have built had they remained in business. I would argue they would have built that bagger 20 years ago but that's just me being critical.

G
#7 ·
I think it is safe to say at some point we will see a Scout. The top Staff at Polaris allready made comments about how there was heated debate as to whether or not they should release the Chief or the Scout first. I personally think it would be great if they build one with a CORE influence. The first time I saw the CORE, my reaction was to think 'Wow - Indian!' Maybe it was just the tan seat, but I think the overall lines remind me of the early Scouts. It also wouldn't surprise me to see them release a 'Big Base Scout' using the existing Chief frame and 111. Take a look at the naked frame photos - and you can envision a stripped down bike built around that frame and motor. Rather than market it as a Sportster competitor - it would be aimed more at going head to head with the Dyna and lower Softail range of HD bikes.

A tour pack chieftain is sure to come, and some other Chief models that are basically just a retro cosmetic variation along the lines of the Dark Horse or Bomber would also be easy to roll out as well. Let's just hope it's not the 'Mike Wolffe Signature Barn Find' (Available in Rusty Gold or Faded Barn Red) LOL

G
#9 ·
17556 said:
....and some other Chief models that are basically just a retro cosmetic variation along the lines of the Dark Horse or Bomber would also be easy to roll out as well. Let's just hope it's not the 'Mike Wolffe Signature Barn Find' (Available in Rusty Gold or Faded Barn Red) LOL
So you're not hopping to see anything like the Brown Pearl from exile. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.