Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Indian plans on coming out with a customized Indian Roadmaster cover later next year, but until then what covers work the best to protect the leather and bike from the elements?

·
Registered
425 Posts
King Size bedsheet? :)

There are some good generic ones that don't cost $150+ like Indian wants to charge.

I have seen a few that are nice and cover the whole bike instead of worrying about finding a half cover that fits and stays on AND covers all leather for these awesome bikes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a cover from Nelson Rigg for my Roadmaster and it fits it like a glove. Almost looks custom it fits beautifully. Look at www.NelsonRigg.com. I do not have the model number or name but mine is black with silver material around the bottom so hot pipes will not burn it. Less than $100.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a Dowco Guardian Weatherall 3XL cover ( https://dowcopowersports.com/guardian-weatherall-plus-motorcycle-cover/ ) for mine. I don't have a garage or carport, so I need something heavy duty. The fitment at J & P Cycle said that 3XL would fit a Goldwing, which has pretty much the same dimensions as the Roadmaster. Probably could have gone with a 2XL, but it works. Look around, though. I saw prices ranging from $91 - $140 for the same size. I ordered through Amazon for the lower price with free shipping.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,064 Posts
I use the one I got for my wing that was traded in for the R/M and it fits really well. So if you find one that fits a gold wing it will fit the R/M also.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bought a cover from Motorcycle Superstore. $44.99 Almost same color as bike (burgundy/silver).Folds up small for overnight trips.It's a Nelson - Rigg - deluxe All Season Cover 2, ex-large.Trying to pull up pictures but phone will not do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a cover from Nelson Rigg for my Roadmaster and it fits it like a glove. Almost looks custom it fits beautifully. Look at www.NelsonRigg.com. I do not have the model number or name but mine is black with silver material around the bottom so hot pipes will not burn it. Less than $100.
you have the reference of this cover ?
Suitable for the Roadmaster.
thank you
Sturgis

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I need one as well for the road master, but I need one of those cinch down types that doesn't flap in the wind for towing the bike on a trailer. The link here for those covers, shows them to be no longer available.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The SKU from Motorcycle Superstore is 18071.I will not use this for towing.It is for overnighter's or out back.My bike is usually in a garage or trailer.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,421 Posts
I need one as well for the road master, but I need one of those cinch down types that doesn't flap in the wind for towing the bike on a trailer. The link here for those covers, shows them to be no longer available.
"Towing the bike on a trailer" What, you got a bike like that and you want to stick it on a trailer?! My last bike only saw a trailer once and that was only because I had a friend with me and we had to pick up another bike in Virginia on the way down to Daytona for bike week this year coming from St. Louis. It bothered me the whole way there and back seeing my bike back there in my rear mirror. Honestly I don't think you can find a cover that will not damage the finish on your bike when it is on a trailer. The paint finish on the new bikes have is pretty soft. Scratches show up way too easily on my black RM. I would also worry about the chrome on some of the plastic on these RMs. I think the only safe bet for a trailer would be enclosed or not at all. Dean E

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dean E,when it's in a trailer it's a Raptor 300MP toy hauler or my 7x16 enclosed trailer for one man operation to a service call.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
"Towing the bike on a trailer" What, you got a bike like that and you want to stick it on a trailer?! My last bike only saw a trailer once and that was only because I had a friend with me and we had to pick up another bike in Virginia on the way down to Daytona for bike week this year coming from St. Louis. It bothered me the whole way there and back seeing my bike back there in my rear mirror. Honestly I don't think you can find a cover that will not damage the finish on your bike when it is on a trailer. The paint finish on the new bikes have is pretty soft. Scratches show up way too easily on my black RM. I would also worry about the chrome on some of the plastic on these RMs. I think the only safe bet for a trailer would be enclosed or not at all. Dean E
Yes, I understand, but when riding in the snow National Weather Service, my wife will not go for it. We live on the Reno side of the sierras, and in the winter, go to the coast for some weekends in Santa Cruz where there is no snow, my wife rides with me, so a trailer is just to get us over the hill.
I agree about the paint, the factory called me today, to get my input on the bike over all, and since I have 2100 mi on it, I had some things to bring them up to speed on, one of them being the paint, another being supply chain issues, and thirdly communications with customers.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Y the factory called me today, to get my input on the bike over all, and since I have 2100 mi on it, I had some things to bring them up to speed on, one of them being the paint, another being supply chain issues, and thirdly communications with customers.
When the factory calls a customer to get their input, it makes me feel better about about my choices.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts