Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a sweet helmet.

I just found Pinlock this winter and it is the best thing ever!
It will be great over here for humid days. Possibly on early morning winter rides but should be handy. It鈥檚 such a comfy helmet. Got the pouches and indents for speakers and stuff. The GP visor lock system. It鈥檚 pretty cool.

Rider
Shoei Air GT II for me, best helmet I have ever owned.

View attachment 589007
A SHOEI RF-1200 saved my, um, bacon in 2014 when my head put a big dent in the car that turned left in front of me, then stopped. These days I use an ARAI DT-X as I like the head form better than the SHOEI. My only comment about AGV is the same as any other polycarbonate helmet, which is they cannot pass SNELL solvent test. Impact protection on them is excellent, however.

Registered
Shoei GT air 2 for me also. Great helmet and I like the integrated Sena system.

Phil

Silver member

LS2 Carbon (for around town), and Airoh GP500 for the weekend. Both incredibly light and comfy.

On and there鈥檚 a new unused Indian Adventure helmet in a box somewhere...

Registered
I like it. Looks like better airflow than the other AGV retro lids.

How鈥檚 the head shape? I get hotspots on my forehead for most of helmets.

Registered
Arai, Defiant X. Great helmet. Only issues are trying to get a sunscreen decal across the top of shield w/ the builtin vents. I think I have that figured out though. Apply with hairdryer, contour to fit and trim with sharp blade, The AGV looks good though, nice choice

Registered
Scorpion EXO AT-950
Have the peak off. Huge faceshield. Decent on highway. Windy today helmet was good at 80 on highway.

Love being able to open the chin bar.
3.5 lbs on my scale. Not bad for modular.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A SHOEI RF-1200 saved my, um, bacon in 2014 when my head put a big dent in the car that turned left in front of me, then stopped. These days I use an ARAI DT-X as I like the head form better than the SHOEI. My only comment about AGV is the same as any other polycarbonate helmet, which is they cannot pass SNELL solvent test. Impact protection on them is excellent, however.
Any helmet here in Australia must pass the Australian Design Standards. There are many other standards that will pass as well. DOT, I think there is a French one, I think snell needs to be with another approval not just on its own. As with most helmets your not supposed to put stickers on them or clean them with petroleum based products as this can degredate the shell composition. All helmets in Australia are only impact tested to 30klm/hour equivalent anyway. So, whether you buy a 1000 dollar helmet or a 300 dollar helmet they are all tested the same.

Registered
AGV K-5
personally I look at it this way - how much is my head worth?
(forgive the fact I havent cleaned it since last ride haha)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts