Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! I'm shopping motorcycle jacks and curious what everyone is using to hold there heavy beauties up while we work on them. I have a harbor freight jack for 13 years... did me solid for smaller, lighter, less expensive bikes. but would like to buy something more sturdy that will get the bike up higher off the ground. I have seen js jacks and pitbull jacks on here. js jacks looks like a customer service nightmare. and there site says they are shut down on top of not being trustworthy to begin with. need something I can trust for her. thanks

·
Rider
1,060 Posts
I always use a lift table.
Have a harbor freight table lift removed the front wheel vice and bolted in a wheel dock wheel chock.
This for me is the best way to work on an 820 lb bike securely.
I just dont trust those other jacks to lift way up and to be sturdy enough to work on.
People do it but not for me.

·
Rider
741 Posts
I just tried to go to the j&s jack website and got a message that it does not exist. Are they still in business?

·
Rider
741 Posts
I have a J&S, it's good quality but they are terrible to do business with. I would try something else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Good to know. I found a Better Business Bureau report on J&S last night. The BBB gave them a C and there was a lot of complaints about taking forever to receive products and or communication from them. Guess I will go with a Pitbull.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just tried to go to the j&s jack website and got a message that it does not exist. Are they still in business?
I got on there web site, and it said they are shut down due to covid, but you can still order. I was also on a thread a a couple days ago guys can't get ahold of them and ready to drive up there and get there 1000 back because the cops won't and they had there money for 12+ weeks
great jacks I hear. terrible company. I def wanna feel more secure lifting up my big heavy expensive toy lol

·
Rider
741 Posts
This is a screenshot of the message I get when I try to go to their website right now.
3AAE714A-D4FA-4C5A-9E9C-2FBABBD21F1D.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts