Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Founding member
476 Posts
I'm paying $510.00 per year for full coverage here in Oregon. I got a discount for passing the state run class for motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Individuals will not be able to supply an average cost, only the single price for the insurance for one Indian. What you really want and thankfully for you, some members have given you their insurance policy cost. Get a bunch on these and then you will can determine the average price. Unfortunately, the average price is next to useless as it can't be applied to an individual owner of an Indian. You can get an average cost for your Indian by getting prices from several insurance companies and averaging them. Then what will you do with the average price? Nothing. A wasted exercise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Yu is right that getting other people's cost will not equate to any real average. It depends on the state/city or town you live in, driving record, credit score, etc. Too many variables, but with that being said I am insured through Progressive in MA, have full coverage w/ $500 deductible and my bill is $435/yr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My full coverage on my '13 Victory Vision is $419 through GEICO. Progressive wanted over $700 so I just ignored their bid. I am in a rural location so that may help explain my lower rate. Variations are huge from company to company so I look around every year. Two years ago Progressive was my best rate on a near new HD touring bike but I must have been a part of their "loyalty" program where you get to pay an extra hundred every time you renew.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I live in Ca and my policy will cost me just a hair over $400.00 per year with USAA. This includes $500.00 deductables and is based on riding 8000 miles a year. For comparison purposes Progressive quoted me $719.00 and Geico was slightly less at $672.00. I'm over 40, married with a clean driving/riding record. If you are a member of USAA you can't beat their prices, but I always shop around whenever I purchase a new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My full coverage on my '13 Victory Vision is $419 through GEICO. Progressive wanted over $700 so I just ignored their bid. I am in a rural location so that may help explain my lower rate. Variations are huge from company to company so I look around every year. Two years ago Progressive was my best rate on a near new HD touring bike but I must have been a part of their "loyalty" program where you get to pay an extra hundred every time you renew.
Progressive wanted about a $1000 from me and State Farm was $340 for the same coverage.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Pacific Specialty, Comprehensive and Collision coverage, Oklahoma, 25/50/25 limits, 1 ticket on record, 2k additional coverage for accessories. total cost of policy for the year $479.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Been meaning to ask this.... My insurance through Alpha is right at $400 a year with a deductable of $1000.
What is concerning is that my policy has zero medical coverage for the rider (Me!) except for $50,000 if the accident is caused by an uninsured motorist.
If I down it myself and end up injured, which would be likely, Alpha pays zip on medical but covers the heck out of the bike. They say it is company policy because motorcyclists are a high risk.
Anyone else run into this or do I need to start shopping? Hate to do that because we have two houses, a car, an SUV and my pickup insured with them.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Been meaning to ask this.... My insurance through Alpha is right at $400 a year with a deductable of $1000.
What is concerning is that my policy has zero medical coverage for the rider (Me!) except for $50,000 if the accident is caused by an uninsured motorist.
If I down it myself and end up injured, which would be likely, Alpha pays zip on medical but covers the heck out of the bike. They say it is company policy because motorcyclists are a high risk.
Anyone else run into this or do I need to start shopping? Hate to do that because we have two houses, a car, an SUV and my pickup insured with them.
That is a very high deductible I use State Farm for 3 cars and my house. I would shop around

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
I am more concerned about the no medical coverage on the rider. Deductables of $1000 in this area are common place.
I do appreciate the advice and will be asking around about med coverage on bike policies.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Right around $550/yr for me with Roadside assistance with Markel Insurance. State Farm was about $300 more. Gieco never returned my call for a quote and I'll never go with Progressive. Why not..? Because a few years ago when I had my previous ride insured by them they raised the price $500 and said it was because they heard I was divorced? No verification: just an assumption then action based on that... I have had coverage with Markel for a long time now (since 2005 I believe) and they've always treated me right and with fairness. They even cover accessories and protective gear!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts