Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Scout dealer is 1600 Km away. When my Scout was delivered just before Christmas I received this thing pictured here in a bag with the rear shock adjuster. What on earth is it? I've looked at it from all angles and tried to align it with bolts on the bike, but to no avail. Now I'm sure one of you clever dudes will point me in the right direction. As you can see, it's about 100mm long.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
My Scout dealer is 1600 Km away. When my Scout was delivered just before Christmas I received this thing pictured here in a bag with the rear shock adjuster. What on earth is it? I've looked at it from all angles and tried to align it with bolts on the bike, but to no avail. Now I'm sure one of you clever dudes will point me in the right direction. As you can see, it's about 100mm long.
Did you get reduced reach or extended reach foot controls with your bike?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Hi ScotD, mine came with standard foot controls (I think!) Smnolz pointed me toward the bracket being to relocate the horn.
Yup, saw that, thanks. I think I want one of those brackets myself, to mount an aftermarket horn.
Just so long as you do not have the extended reach foot controls. A small oversight by Indian. Their horn bracket fowls the controls so I had to remount the horn in its original position. I have however since replaced the OEM HORN WITH A Piaa horn, mounting it off the radiator shroud using the crash bar bolt hole. Still yet to figure out how and where I will mount the other horn that came in the box! Didn't know you got two!
Alpal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just so long as you do not have the extended reach foot controls. A small oversight by Indian. Their horn bracket fowls the controls so I had to remount the horn in its original position. I have however since replaced the OEM HORN WITH A Piaa horn, mounting it off the radiator shroud using the crash bar bolt hole. Still yet to figure out how and where I will mount the other horn that came in the box! Didn't know you got two!
Alpal
The horn on my Scout is a joke. The first time I pressed the button I burst out laughing; it sounds like a toy. Possibly defective because no-one in a car would be able to hear it. I will be changing it soon, so the bracket will be handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts