Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is around the gas tank between the rubber seal and upper plastic. This week as been hot and it’s melted and looks terrible. Very sticky and rubbery.
Can I remove this ?

·
Silver member
4,670 Posts
I think you got a bad gasket. I would have the dealer reorder one. I don't think you can clean that up!

Reactions: BHlvr

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might want to call your dealer and see how to proceed. I have the same exact problem with a 2020 Challenger. I've been wiping it of with cloths etc. It's 112 here today and will be 118 or more this weekend. I thought maybe it was just the heat here but I think there might be something more in play; like bad gaskets on a lot of bikes. I noticed it when the temps got around the high 90s. When the temps cool everything gels back and becomes more normal again. I'm only saying - maybe there's no use in putting on another gasket only to have the same thing happen again. See what the service people suggest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I responded to you that this might be a bigger problem than just yours. But to answer your question if you choose to wait or your service people are busy, I use Goo Gone and it works pretty well. You have to rub around the gasket a few times though but the Goo Gon will remove it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A couple of days ago I wiped the excess adhesive off my bike with Goo Gon and reported such to you. I"ve done this about 4 times before. I just checked my bike and it's 118 degrees outside and 116 inside the garage as I have vents to the outside top and bottom along the wall. So my garage is always almost the same temp as outside. My bike is parked right beside the upper and lower vents. I didn't have any excess adhesive oozing out as in the past. I hope that means it's done oozing but I don't know. But I do know that likely my bike is getting about as good of a temperature workout as a person could make for it. My decision has been sort of waiting this out and see where it goes. I'll try and post if the oozing comes back. That's all I can add at this time. Good luck.

·
Rider
480 Posts
Damn, that's some crazy heat. It's 104 here in West Texas and fortunately the humidity is way low, but it still feels incredibly hot. Not sure if I could handle 118.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts