Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

What is the torque value for the bolts on the windshield? Just got my new Klocks Werks windshield in today.
Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
My 2019 is listed at 36 inch pounds. Put some tape on the nuts before you remove the old windshield so you don't lose one in the fairing.

Phil

·
Registered
545 Posts
Does your windshield bolts have rubber grommet washers on the outside of the windshield or do you just simply have the bolt heads flush against the Windshield? I'm asking because I've seen both. Even though I used the "tape the bolts so you don't lose one in the fairing" method, it still happened to me. So I had to get replacement bolt from Indian and they sent a rubber washer with the bolt. So now I have 3 bolts with the heads flush against the windshield and one bolt sitting in a rubber grommet/washer type of thing.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lol yes tape tape tape on the back of your windshield! I've seen videos of dudes dropping the nuts and complaining about the tight space. Took me 5 minutes to change mine. Oh I did not torque them just don't over tighten.

·
Rider
1,054 Posts
Good advice here for above.
Just snug is all you need. You will feel it choke up on ratchet head.
The tape is the way to go on the backs.
I had stuffed a rag in between on mine and although it seemed like it would do well it didnt.
The nut dropped into cloth and bounced somehow and made its way between the folds. It was like the price is right plinko.
Blink blink blink blaap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts