Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was the Honda VF1000R in the 80s I was a teen then. Saw it in Motorcyclist magazine I think. I didn’t get my first bike until 2003,but that’s where I caught the bug. I haven’t been without a motorcycle since.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Love it or hate it... I always wanted to get ass on the seat of a Valkyrie Rune..
I have seen one in person. Church member had one with a sidecar rig due to losing a leg in a motorcycle accident. The bike looks awesome in person!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,385 Posts
A original Benelli 750cc six cylinder with the original six into six pipes. At the time when they came out around 1972 or 1973 I thought that was a cool looking bike.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Seen most of them, been going to the Mecum auction in Vegas every year, with Indian fours/Broughs/Black Lightning’s/Crocker’s and rarer stuff yet, but still love seeing them all. For me, it would have to be a one-off custom, maybe this BSA from Max Hazan. View attachment 583125
Max Hazan does some pretty incredible, amazing, off the wall stuff with motorcycles you would never think could be a super custom. A true artist and craftsman!

·
Registered
2019 Roadmaster w/BBK116
319 Posts
Met a gentleman last year in Pennsylvania who was asking about my Indian, after awhile he invited me to view his collection of bikes and cars. I wasn’t able to stop by until a couple weeks later but when I did he had 2 Vincent, Honda CBX, Suzuki, Yamaha and numerous old cars. He had bought and rode the Vicent new in the 50s I think. Impressed.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Met a gentleman last year in Pennsylvania who was asking about my Indian, after awhile he invited me to view his collection of bikes and cars. I wasn’t able to stop by until a couple weeks later but when I did he had 2 Vincent, Honda CBX, Suzuki, Yamaha and numerous old cars. He had bought and rode the Vicent new in the 50s I think. Impressed.
When I win the lottery, a Vincent Black Shadow or Black Lightning will be at the top of my list to spend money on! Lol!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
My father used to have a friend who had a collection that would make most men wet their pants. I never counted but I’d say there were easily 40+ish motorcycles in his collection, nothing but vintage mostly British, but all European bikes. BSA, Norton, Velocette, Brough Superior, Vincent and more were represented.

He got older and there was a silly misunderstanding and falling out. Not long after he shipped nearly his entire collection to England to sell off.

My dream bike... It would have to be a Desmosedici RR if I ever won the lottery or something. Only 1500 made in 2008 and they were over $80,000 new. A quick search shows a few for sale and most have less than 5000 miles. Asking anywhere from $30k up to $90k.

A 1975 900ss and a 916SPS and a 998R would be up there too.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,385 Posts
Also the original Triumph Vetter Hurricane with the BSA Rocket III sloper engine in it. Cool looking and styling ahead of it's time.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Love it or hate it... I always wanted to get ass on the seat of a Valkyrie Rune..
Have a friend that had one. He traded it in on a Chieftain. He said while it was fun, it just wasn't practical.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts