Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the outer diameter of the bar-end mirror mounts, shown in red on the image below.

I'd like to know if I could mount an m.view mirror using the stock mounts. Motogadget's stock bar-end mount adapters don't fit the bobber (including the bobber sixty) which have the M8x1.25 threaded bar-ends. If I could use the stock solution, I'd order replacement parts direct from Indian (1, 2 and 4 below) which amounts to ~$40 per side.

Alternatively, I could modify Motogadget's hollow bar adapters, but it's risky - I'd need to cut off the ends and drill them out to get the adapters flush with the bars and accommodate my hardware-store stock M8 screw. Even then the adapters wouldn't be perfect because the screw head is marginally over-sized for the adapters. I'd rather get my $80 back for the adapters and use the stock mount.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called the dealer and they told me it's 20mm. Going forward with ordering the parts. Hope it works out 🤞🤞

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, the m.view mirrors mount up great to the stock mirror mounts! The diameter is a perfect match. The width of the mirror collar is a bit wide for the stock mount, as could be expected as the stock mirror uses a flange instead of a collar. But the outer collar of the stock mount gets nice purchase onto the outside of the mirror and the whole assembly is extremely stable.

Better yet, the size and visibility through the mirror is fantastic! Since getting the solo seat installed I had difficulty seeing out of the perch style mirrors. I have a much better view behind me out of these looking back under my arms. They're not very convex, though, so I'll have to be careful out my sides.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks everyone, the m.view mirrors mount up great to the stock mirror mounts! The diameter is a perfect match. The width of the mirror collar is a bit wide for the stock mount, as could be expected as the stock mirror uses a flange instead of a collar. But the outer collar of the stock mount gets nice purchase onto the outside of the mirror and the whole assembly is extremely stable.

Better yet, the size and visibility through the mirror is fantastic! Since getting the solo seat installed I had difficulty seeing out of the perch style mirrors. I have a much better view behind me out of these looking back under my arms. They're not very convex, though, so I'll have to be careful out my sides.

Bike looks awesome. Think you answered my question for me. So the 2020 bars have the treaded bar ends? Can’t use a 7/8” expanding bar end mirror? Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bike looks awesome. Think you answered my question for me. So the 2020 bars have the treaded bar ends? Can’t use a 7/8” expanding bar end mirror? Thanks
All correct. I'd recommend using Indian's bar-end mount and buying a mirror with a collar that fits. The M.view, for instance ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
All correct. I'd recommend using Indian's bar-end mount and buying a mirror with a collar that fits. The M.view, for instance ;)

Is it the same case for Scout Bobber Sixty. If and when I cut the ends, I will see a female threaded hole? Buy the Scout bar end mounting kit and I can install any after market bar end mirrors that will work with the mount? I hope I am making sense?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it the same case for Scout Bobber Sixty. If and when I cut the ends, I will see a female threaded hole? Buy the Scout bar end mounting kit and I can install any after market bar end mirrors that will work with the mount? I hope I am making sense?
Hey I have a bobber sixty as well. I was wondering if this worked for you??

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just seeing this now. For both of you, yes it worked for me on my bobber 60. The bar ends are the same between the bobber and bobber 60.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts