Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Stator is behind this cover, yes you can remove it, I took mine off to paint the letters on the cover, did not loose a drop of oil. Just be careful with the O-ring, light oil on it when you put the cover back on, it will make the installation easier as you have to lightly tap it into place.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
A side note, when I removed my cover, my Scout was in a wheel chock and standing upright. May make a difference about looking some oil, if you remove the cover with the bike on the kickstand. As the bike will be leaning to that side and engine oil will run to that side.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had a little difficulty putting mine back on after some powder coating and as it turned out I actually chipped a chunk out of the o-ring causing an slight oil leak when there was high pressure. My dealership was awesome and took care of it and replaced with a new o-ring, but just something to think about and be careful of.

·
Bronze member
1,972 Posts
I had a little difficulty putting mine back on after some powder coating and as it turned out I actually chipped a chunk out of the o-ring causing an slight oil leak when there was high pressure. My dealership was awesome and took care of it and replaced with a new o-ring, but just something to think about and be careful of.
Musta been den damn fish tacos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts