Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indian scout bobber is similar, or Indian Chief.
I agree. I've got a 2018 Scout bobber and it does resemble this bike at a glance. I'm in love with the forks and exposed springs up top and the whole counter-weight mechanism this bike has. Love the kick start, the low swung, wide handle bars and no front fender. I feel like I've betrayed my Scout by liking this Harley so much...

·
Bronze member
2,312 Posts
I absolutely love this bike. Does anyone know the year/make of this Harley? Is there a factory(ish) Indian that looks similar to this? I would love to get a hold of or rebuild an old kick start like this and I'm trying to do some sleuthing to figure it out.

View attachment 653301
Why don't you get on Indian's web site and look for yourself? Sheesh........:unsure:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Why don't you get on Indian's web site and look for yourself? Sheesh........:unsure:
Maybe he is asking about any Indian models not just current production, or maybe he just wants to have a conversation and bounce ideas off other people. Personally if I wanted to build a bike similar to this I would start with the new Chief or possibly just start with a custom frame and put a salvage Indian motor in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe he is asking about any Indian models not just current production, or maybe he just wants to have a conversation and bounce ideas off other people. Personally if I wanted to build a bike similar to this I would start with the new Chief or possibly just start with a custom frame and put a salvage Indian motor in it.
That is exactly what I'm looking for RITR.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Dark Horse
238 Posts
So that is a springer front end? I'm not well versed on Harley's.
Springer suspension isn’t Harley specific. Lots of motorcycles with them. Also Google Girder front ends, even better for some applications. People even use leaf springs haha. Lots of front end options, but where a Springer really shines is when a bike is raked way out with a long front end. Helps the suspension angle eat the bumps well. For a normal rake front end like our bike the modern suspension we have will ride better (albeit maybe not look as cool to some).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm not much for HDs. I'm not big on blacked out bikes.

But dang, that is one cool bike. Wow.

Reactions: Brother Scum
1 - 20 of 37 Posts