Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new to the Indian brand
Just posting some things here about the base model if you where like me and you bought the base model because it seemed to be the Best buy here's some things that you may or may not have noticed
1? base model warbonnet on the front fender has no light 180 plus bucks if ya want it
2? you may have noticed when you bought your bike the little to plastic bag with some goodies in it in that plastic bag along with the little tool kit ya get a pressure gauge. Why I don't know because you'll never get it onto the back tire without removing the bags reason there is no TPS on the base model you'll see it on your ride command as two dashes front and rear had to take mine to the dealer and took the dealer 2 hours to figure out these features are not on the base model lol
3? no customizable screens in the ride control ride command very nice display though.
4? you can add the GPS to your base model for whatever the dealer charges you to put it in the only thing is you can't use it until they decide what they're going to charge for service which they haven't decided yet.what the....???
5? no electrical whatsoever in the saddlebags no USB ports nothing to tie anything into you got to buy the wiring harness to plug that in just to get factory power into the saddlebags
6 ?no puddel light .

7? the right trigger button for the infotainment Center does nothing on the base model

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,092 Posts
Well it is thousands of dollars less than a Dark Horse or a Limited. I think there is an upgrade package that includes the Ride Command GPS and some other things like a passenger sissy bar & backrest. The package is less costly than buying the individual pieces separately. Not sure but there might be two package deals, one higher priced than the other. They are shown on the "Build Your Own" section in the website.

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
research... research and more research... decide what you want/need then get the bike... I think the base is the best bang for the buck... but if you need/want the other stuff move up to the DH or Limited..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think this topic has been pretty well covered on this forum. None of what you mention is surprising to me, but the only thing you can't really add is the lean angle technology.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
It's a fark'n motocycle fer Krist sakes, wind in your face, freedom, a break from the rat race. Less is better ☕
Less is better, but I like the more that my bike has, lol.

Reactions: WillyH

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
My 04 Road King is my base model bike.

·
Rider
510 Posts
I'm really surprised you can't customize the display on the Ride Command. That makes it sound like it almost different software of hardware?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts