Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What Electronics are you Packing?

2647 Views 24 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  gina
I'm interested to learn what others are using, planning or conceiving for communication and navigation. . I've picked up great insights from disparate forums - and would like to hear from others what works, why and how!

Using:
Nexus 6P, running Android 6, mounted to the Indian Nacelle phone mount via Rokform universal adapter.
Sena 20s Bluetooth Communicator

Short term Goals:

1. Use Smartphone's native voice commands and/or Google voice command to:
Answer or Ignore phone calls
Invoke Google Maps for navigation
Check weather
Occasionally make calls or texts.
Occasionally Listen to downloaded Music
Turn everything off!

2. Use the Sena's voice commands or buttons to initiate Intercom conversations with passengers, and to occasionally to access FM.

I already execute most of these features by voice in my car with a Plantronics edge Bluetooth earpiece. The display provides adequate viewing for Navigation,

Anyone using their smartphone similarly? What is your experience?
Reactions: Big Daddy and A-58
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Add the following app to your Nexus:

"Locate Indian Motorcycle Dealers"
Locate Indian MC Dealers - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm the app developer (aka Rings Island Software) and just updated it yesterday with the current count of 300 Indian Dealers Worldwide, 155 in the US. It's a quick way to find the closest Indian Dealer with buttons to invoke Google Maps navigation, Phone, Web page.

(No, this is not a commercial plug. This is a free to download and ad free app. I developed a version of this app for Harley Dealers a few years back for a road trip - that app now has 14k downloads/4.4 Rating - and I developed this app a couple of weeks after I bought my RM this summer).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.