Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What FTR aftermarket products do you want Hemisphere to design?

What do you want us to design and build for FTR aftermarket products?

455 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  stuff1000
HI all,

I'd like to introduce Hemisphere Performance and Hemisphere Offroad.. I'm introducing both because the FTR is a cross sectional bike that can be addressed by both brands.

Hemisphere Performance is currently offering products for the Scout, and we are looking at the FTR as our next platform to expand our product line.

Hemisphere Offroad, the sister brand, is in its 6th year in business and focuses on offroad and dual sport bikes, specifically the XR650L and KLR650.

You can see us here:

www.hemisphereperformance.com
www.hemisphereoffroad.com
Hemisphere Performance
Hemisphere Offroad

As you can see, we offer a wide variety of products, all designed by our own inhouse engineers right here in Texas. We do not resell anyone else's products.

We are here to ask what you, as FTR riders, want to see in the aftermarket products?

We take customer ideas, feedback and opinions REALLY seriously! Want proof? If you're on Facebook you can join our Design Customer Feedback Group here: Hemisphere Performance Design Customer Feedback Group | Facebook and see for yourself. ALL of our products were designed with direct input from the customers.
Reactions: POE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Thanks for the post!
One thing missing from the FTR market is side luggage that fits on both the left and right side of the bike.
the reason for this is that with the stock Akra exhaust, you can't fit luggage on the right side.
BUT lots of people have fitted low mount aftermarket exhausts - the ability to fit luggage on each side would be awesome.
it's a missing market I think.

As Mike said above, frame sliders would be great. there aren't many options available.

A good rear hugger would be awesome too, Powerbronze is currently the only option and the carbon 'look' one actually looks terrible.
it also doesn't come quite as far back as other huggers I've seen and while I know they're mainly for looks, a little function would be great.

A chin fairing/belly pan that fits with the Toce exhaust system is probably too much to ask but I can dream lol!

and sprocket covers that look cool but aren't carbon would be good too.
also engine covers as per the RSD ones :)

185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the post!
One thing missing from the FTR market is side luggage that fits on both the left and right side of the bike.
the reason for this is that with the stock Akra exhaust, you can't fit luggage on the right side.
BUT lots of people have fitted low mount aftermarket exhausts - the ability to fit luggage on each side would be awesome.
it's a missing market I think.

As Mike said above, frame sliders would be great. there aren't many options available.

A good rear hugger would be awesome too, Powerbronze is currently the only option and the carbon 'look' one actually looks terrible.
it also doesn't come quite as far back as other huggers I've seen and while I know they're mainly for looks, a little function would be great.

A chin fairing/belly pan that fits with the Toce exhaust system is probably too much to ask but I can dream lol!

and sprocket covers that look cool but aren't carbon would be good too.
also engine covers as per the RSD ones :)
Thanks for the detailed feedback - much appreciated!

· Registered
520 Posts
Mid controls so us old farts who can't get their knees into a racing tuck can ride the damn thing.
It already comes with midsets. But I know what you mean. I know a few guys that would like a more forward foot position. But you have to sweep the handlebars back at the same time to keep it comfy. And too much of this change, I think, defeats the purpose of an FTR. But done just right, I think it would sell well. You could sell a midset/handlebar combo.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Mid controls so us old farts who can't get their knees into a racing tuck can ride the damn thing.
the FTR isn't a 'racing tuck' footpeg position. it has mid controls already.

Sit on an R1 or Kawasaki ZX10R, now that's a racing tuck.

I would argue that if the footpegs are too uncomfortable then it might not be the right bike for you and maybe a scout or chief is a better option?
Cause it sounds like you want forward controls.

· Registered
2022 Indian Chief
1,033 Posts
I don't have my FTR anymore, but for everyone with the electronic display, may I suggest a screen cover.. something similar to sonar covers for boats. I know there is a lot of delaminating issues and a nice cover with some graphics would offer sun/rain protection for when the bike is parked. Could also be cross utilized for the round Ride Command on the Chiefs too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts