Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger Limited in Bright Freaking Red!
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I’m in the process of making my notes to do a 9 or 10k mile review of my Indian Challenger. I’ll cover the basic - power/performance, suspension/handling, brakes, comfort/size given my 5’6”/5’7” height, talk a bit about the new Ride Command, and I'll cover some of the issues I've had (nothing major to be honest), etc. But I wanted to see if there were any specific areas you all would recommend I cover, or are there specific questions you have about the bike that I should consider addressing in the review? I’m not a wrencher/mechanically inclined. My “reviews” are basically about how the bike feels to me based on my experience, which is a lot less than many of you (about 1.5 years riding, 2019 Scout/2019 Chieftain/2020 Challenger - all told about 27k miles so far).

Anyway, just wondered what you all thought. Would appreciate any recommendations so my review is actually helpful/meaingful to folks, at least within the realm of what I’m capable of discussing! 😉

It’s 80 degrees in the DC area today. I’m outta here! 🏍💨💨

Stay safe tribe!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,200 Posts
I have seen your video(s) and although I'm a newbie to the Challenger I actually have 51 years of motorcycle riding experience. I did my homework by reading up and watching video reviews from several sources before making my decision on which bike to buy. Even then it was sort of a toss up that was decided by what was available at my dealer. I narrowed it down to three bikes then two and finally one and it was a leftover 2020 Challenger Limited in Thunder Black Pearl. In only two days of ownership I can already tell I made the right choice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen your video(s) and although I'm a newbie to the Challenger I actually have 51 years of motorcycle riding experience. I did my homework by reading up and watching video reviews from several sources before making my decision on which bike to buy. Even then it was sort of a toss up that was decided by what was available at my dealer. I narrowed it down to three bikes then two and finally one and it was a leftover 2020 Challenger Limited in Thunder Black Pearl. In only two days of ownership I can already tell I made the right choice.
Congrats!

So with 51 years of riding experience what could I discuss in a review that would be meaningful to you? Just good enough to discuss my experience and leave it up to you to assess based on your own?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,200 Posts
Well a lot of reviewers make more of a deal about dry statistics about the bikes and while that is ok it gets repetitious when I watched several videos about the same bike. Some get too caught up in just riding and playing background music instead of talking about the bike as they ride. I like the guys that just ride the bike and talk directly about what they are experiencing with that particular motorcycle good or bad. I don't like to see videos that just sugar coat a certain brand or model and make it look better than it really is. Just give me the facts as you see them and what you think and how could any shortcomings if any could be rectified if they exist. Not necessarily anything fancy, just honest reporting will do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well a lot of reviewers make more of a deal about dry statistics about the bikes and while that is ok it gets repetitious when I watched several videos about the same bike. Some get too caught up in just riding and playing background music instead of talking about the bike as they ride. I like the guys that just ride the bike and talk directly about what they are experiencing with that particular motorcycle good or bad. I don't like to see videos that just sugar coat a certain brand or model and make it look better than it really is. Just give me the facts as you see them and what you think and how could any shortcomings if any could be rectified if they exist. Not necessarily anything fancy, just honest reporting will do.
Good advice - appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Write an honest review on the front and rear suspension and how it rides as you adjust the preload from zero to say 350 to 400 lbs. If you could also evaluate the Bosch SmartLean IMU/traction control with regard to how effective this feature is or it it just hype--thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Write an honest review on the front and rear suspension and how it rides as you adjust the preload from zero to say 350 to 400 lbs. If you could also evaluate the Bosch SmartLean IMU/traction control with regard to how effective this feature is or it it just hype--thanks in advance
Got both on my list!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts