Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...So we all know that we want our bikes serviced correctly and don't want to be overcharged for service. WHAT else do you want from your dealers service department? What do you expect?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,041 Posts
Howdy Folks,
I mostly do my own work, but when I do take the bike in to the dealership I want to be able to talk to the tech who did the work and ask questions about the job. Some service managers don't like that; I avoid those dealerships.
--- Randall

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
This may not be a problem for Indian but with Harley(still on one) would it be such a bankrupting problem, to have someone clean the darn paw prints off the bike from work done? Irks me to no end to see greasy prints on the exhaust or handlebars. I'm not saying wash and wax. Just clean it up like they found it. Geez!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Integrity in even a small amount does wonders. I am waiting for a Scout from dealer a bit further than the couple of minutes it is to a Harley dealer. After more than one issue I could not support a dealer that I could not trust. Add that to stories of botched repairs and lame excuses it was time to move on. So far my experience with Indian has been much better.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
This may not be a problem for Indian but with Harley(still on one) would it be such a bankrupting problem, to have someone clean the darn paw prints off the bike from work done? Irks me to no end to see greasy prints on the exhaust or handlebars. I'm not saying wash and wax. Just clean it up like they found it. Geez!
I agree, it should be the techs last step prior to handing it over to the customer. Just makes good sense and it shows pride in your work.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Let's see.. Free service, never gonna happen. Good techs that are helpful in providing info and return the bike with no dings or dirt.

·
Registered
99 Posts
..... After more than one issue I could not support a dealer that I could not trust. Add that to stories of botched repairs and lame excuses it was time to move on. So far my experience with Indian has been much better.
I am hopeful that there will be fewer required trips to the Indian dealer so there is also a smaller chance to get into the botched issues.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
A buddy takes his new Road King in for the first service and they "forget" to change the oil filter. Hmmm..... Gee what is the new filter still doing sitting here?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tech that can do as good of a job as I do--but faster.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sober, Honest, Knowledgeable, Capable and Reliable..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I am extremely lucky as my Dealer and the Service Department is awesome. Any of the techs at JPM Performance will talk with you at length about your service or repairs and do so with an excellent base of knowledge. They stand behind their products and the customer and their prices are reasonable and fair. Great folks to work and deal with before and after the sale.

Reactions: builder

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well, since I've rarely used a dealer's service department other than for tire changes, about the only thing I require (aside from scantily clad vixens with sledge hammers) would be that the work be done right the first time, on time, and as others have already stated, the greasy fingerprints wiped off of the shiny bits of my ride. Everything else I can handle myself.

Reactions: builder

·
Registered
108 Posts
The dealership that cared for my deceased Electraglide was very good. Orlando Harley had a couple of guys who did nothing but wash the bikes after the service techs were done. I always got it back cleaner than I took it in. You had to tell them not to do it if you didn't want it. I guess some were really anal about that.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
The dealership that cared for my deceased Electraglide was very good. Orlando Harley had a couple of guys who did nothing but wash the bikes after the service techs were done. I always got it back cleaner than I took it in. You had to tell them not to do it if you didn't want it. I guess some were really anal about that.
Same deal with my last service visit to Lone Star Indian, washed and dried when it was ready to pick-up!! :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
A clean machine runs better;)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I always had good service at Daytona harley but 12 and 13 bikes were under warrantee. I just had a couple of questions on new chieftain and why it would not start in gear with kickstand up. I stopped in after talking to Robert and he found bad micro switch under clutch handle. He even got ok to get part from new bike while I was there so I didn't have to come back. Also adjusted clutch to see if it shifted smoother from 1st to 2nd. If this is the service I continue to get from Daytona beach fl indian I will be very happy..... They also had three bikes set up with different exhaust systems to see how each sounded.... Much better than hoping you like the sound later.....

·
Registered
384 Posts
so which of the three did u find pleasing

1 - 20 of 36 Posts