Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings Tribe!
my rear is starting to yellow, I tried a trusty magic erasure , but no luck
what do you guys do , to get the white wall to "pop" after its started to fade

TIA!

·
Founding member
1,515 Posts
I don't know but I can tell you that white shoe polish doesn't help at all. Been there, tried that, got frustrated.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Back in my youth when I cleaned cars at a dealership we used to use Westley's Bleach White Tire Cleaner

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
greetings Tribe!
my rear is starting to yellow, I tried a trusty magic erasure , but no luck
what do you guys do , to get the white wall to "pop" after its started to fade

TIA!
What year bike do you have? Is it the original tire?

I use bleach white on my tires, definitely one rag to do the initial clean, a second clean rag to repeat the process.

·
Registered
184 Posts
its a 2014
probably the original rear,
what is Bleach White?
Wesley's Bleach White can be found at any auto supply store. It works. But the rear tire on my Vintage won't get white any longer even with this stuff. It has started turning a light brown.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Wesley's Bleach White can be found at any auto supply store. It works. But the rear tire on my Vintage won't get white any longer even with this stuff. It has started turning a light brown.
Bleche-White is good stuff, but sooner or later it will eat through the white down to the rubber. It takes a while to do that, but it won't work forever. There are rubberized whitewall paints that will put a fresh coat of white on the tire. As long as you don't curb it that stuff lasts pretty well.

Reactions: CircuitRider

·
Registered
270 Posts
The original rear tire of the 2014 and 2015 were defective. the whitewalls turn brown even if the bike isn't ridden. Contact your Dealer and they will get you a new rear from dunlop.
Greg

·
Registered
375 Posts
My 2015 had a defective rear tire, the whitewall became brown while the front was show white. My dealer replaced the rear tire at no cost, warranty work. The rear had 4000 miles on it at the time. Dawn soap should do the trick unless the manufacturer messed up the compound.

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,457 Posts
I use a household cleaner like Simple Green and 0000 steel wool, then rinse it with the garden hose.

I did the wide whites on my 'new' old Shadow Aero today, came out pretty good....
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,709 Posts
Brillo pads are the way to go and they are cheap used them on my Road King Classic too.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have an original 2014 rear , looks like i have a classic case of the defective rear tanning. working to get it resolved, thanks everyone !

·
Registered
892 Posts
Apparently I can't run whitewalls on my Springfield due to load rating. I say blackwalls matter:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts