Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any real information about this new kit
Release date
Prices
Expected output in hp and torque
Thinking about picking up another toy and shipping it to lloydz when they open the shop

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here’s a chart not a great picture but it’s all I could find. As far as I know they are using 585s, the bigger cams they had made suffered due to the poor head design. They also told me that they only work in 2020 model engines. No idea what they are using for con rods, the price is also around 3k. Which makes me think no case boring maybe just change the jugs and pistons and swap out the cams. That’s me just assuming

Attachments

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
As others have pointed out, this recipe most likely has the best outcome of shortening engine life. But, as Neil Young so famously said, "It's better to burn out, then to ...."

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
Wondering if they are using sleeved jugs or nikasil plating.
The factory process for nikasil plating (111 and 116) seems to be well proven meanwhile. The pics of high mileage cylinders still show the crisscross pattern...

The "other" 120 stroker is reusing nikasil plated factory 111 jugs as well
Yeah ... I know ... case splitting (but no case boring/machining) due to new crank shaft ... but a well balanced rotating assembly!

I am somehow sceptical when cylinder walls get thinner (if the 126 really does not need case modification?).

Does anybody care to do the math for a factory 116 with 120 stroker crank?

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
Here’s a chart not a great picture but it’s all I could find. As far as I know they are using 585s, the bigger cams they had made suffered due to the poor head design. They also told me that they only work in 2020 model engines. No idea what they are using for con rods, the price is also around 3k. Which makes me think no case boring maybe just change the jugs and pistons and swap out the cams. That’s me just assuming
On a Dynojet Dyno these numbers are very good ... rubber shredding.

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
125” motor, I’d rather that then boring the cylinders. If I had the coin I do would do that in a heart beat.
So the hypothetical recipe for a thorough TS111 engine rebuild with monster outcome:

• do the Indian 116 BBK (brings top end components)
  • add the stroker crank (for the bottom end)

Ideally the (a new variant!?) stroker crank comes prebalanced (within reasonable margin) for the Indian 116 pistons and I con rods (made by carrillo as well!) IFF they can be considered strong enough (I think so!).

·
Registered
216 Posts
So the hypothetical recipe for a thorough TS111 engine rebuild with monster outcome:

• do the Indian 116 BBK (brings top end components)
  • add the stroker crank (for the bottom end)
Ideally the (a new variant!?) stroker crank comes prebalanced (within reasonable margin) for the Indian 116 pistons and I con rods (made by carrillo as well!) IFF they can be considered strong enough (I think so!).

Jeff has his own 116 which I will hopefully being doing next year, high compression pistons. So forget about the Indian 116, go all in on his custom built 125” maybe put libertyville .595 lift cams in there. :oops: I get carried with the possibilities LOL.

·
Bronze member
1,237 Posts
Wondering if they are using sleeved jugs or nikasil plating.
The factory process for nikasil plating (111 and 116) seems to be well proven meanwhile. The pics of high mileage cylinders still show the crisscross pattern...
The "other" 120 stroker is reusing nikasil plated factory 111 jugs as well
Yeah ... I know ... case splitting (but no case boring/machining) due to new crank shaft ... but a well balanced rotating assembly!
I am somehow sceptical when cylinder walls get thinner (if the 126 really does not need case modification?).
Does anybody care to do the math for a factory 116 with 120 stroker crank?
Lloyd'z existing 121 CI kit installs iron sleeves in the 111 cylinders because the OEM cylinders don't have enough material at the bottom "sleeve" to support the big pistons. Are the hard-plated OEM 116 cylinders up to the job of working with a stroker crank? Maybe. If the goal is to have even bigger pistons, then it's going to need iron sleeves or new all-aluminum, hard-plated cylinders AND crankcase boring. I'd like to be there to see a BIG DISPLACEMENT STROKER ran hard on a dynamometer. Heck! I'd like to volunteer to ride it the long miles that would test it's longevity.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had herd that there is not enough room to stretch the stroke on the ts111
Unless you use a spacer dose anyone know ?
Been trying to contact lloydz good luck you get a phone that can’t take messages
I learned today the heads on 2020 indains may be some how different dose anyone know what changed ?
I want some 135 jugs to bolt on my
ts111 motor I’m just dreaming
And do we know if the 126 bb kit truly only fits 2020 bikes?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,253 Posts
Well we do know that another outfit makes a 120 cubic inch stroker kit for the 111 cubic inch Indians. So a stroker crankshaft is possible with regards to the bottom end of the engine. What differences there are between that stroker kit and the Lloydz Motorworks kit is unknown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts