Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm new here. I did a search on this topic and didn't find anything. So I apologize if the topic has been discussed.

I know the Scout is priced quite competitively, but like many of you I want to ge the best deal I can. So was anyone able to get a Scout for less than MSRP? What additional charges did your dealer add? Document fee? Set up fee? Processing fee? etc.

What was your final, out-the-door price on your Scout?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Doubt anyone got below msrp. Not for the first run anyway

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Michael,
Welcome to the forums. Don't take tis wrong but I doubt you will get very much data on pricing here. Most people consider money matters, especially large ones private.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Don't have it all in Detail unless take the sheet out and itemize .. But my OTD Price was 13,659 .. Easy to remember because Had a 1,000.00 Deposit up and wrote a check for 12,659 .. That Simple .. Base price was 11,299 as advertised .. The Rest was Dealer Fees, Tax and Title .. Probably high on the fees but didn't find much better as far as 300 miles away and wasn't going halfway across the country to save $500.00 ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, so I'm new here. I did a search on this topic and didn't find anything. So I apologize if the topic has been discussed.

I know the Scout is priced quite competitively, but like many of you I want to ge the best deal I can. So was anyone able to get a Scout for less than MSRP? What additional charges did your dealer add? Document fee? Set up fee? Processing fee? etc.

Thanks!
Ordered mine from Jeff Eckman at Indian of Toledo. Sticker price + $95 fee+ $30 doc fee.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Out the door for $12,3xx with Silver Smoke option. Indian of Columbus.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My Thunder Black will be $11,299.00 @ Falcone in Indy. They advertise " I'll never charge you a dealer fee, ever" As far as set up, from what I saw on another thread, they are nearly put together upon arrival. BTW, I ordered no extras.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Making your girl a 20k date might be difficult, but getting her to look sharp for a number significantly below 15k probably down right inpossible, especially if your plan is to keep her all Indian. Add in all the extra from the state and dealer charges and they are their in some form since neither the state nor dealer are charities and the scout is affordable, but priced like an American made motorcycle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
$12,500 and a little change OTD for the RED Scout pre-order first run, In Northern Calif too where most dealers really sock it to you on new bike buying price

·
Registered
162 Posts

Thanks!

Out the door pricing is hard to gauge here. Every state has different taxes and state regulatory fees. For example, I moved from Indiana to Florida before I bought mine. Although the sales tax is the same for both states, the title fee in Florida is double that of Indiana, and in Indiana a dealer cannot plate your vehicle, where in Florida the dealer is required to plate the vehicle. So there is roughly a $550 spread just between those two states. You have members here from all 50 states plus overseas, so the numbers will be all over the board.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Certainly there are many variables that go into the final cost of the bike, taxes being one of them. But when it's all said and done, everyone has an out-the-door price. Some might be higher or lower due to differences between state taxes, highway use fees, etc. but to keep it simple, I figured one final number was best for comparison sake.

·
Registered
882 Posts
$12283 OTD, includes 6% sales tax and $265 in title, tag and doc fees. Red Scout so it was $11299 MSRP. Local dealer wanted $14100 OTD for the same bike. Needless to say, they didn't get my business.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$12283 OTD, includes 6% sales tax and $265 in title, tag and doc fees. Red Scout so it was $11299 MSRP. Local dealer wanted $14100 OTD for the same bike. Needless to say, they didn't get my business.
You got a hell of a deal!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts