Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1661 - 1680 of 1709 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
How was the wiring of the war bonnet? Was it hard at all? I am not the best at electrical!
Not hard at all… it’s really a plug n play. If you can plug a coffee maker in the wall, then you’re an expert! Lol, just route the wiring from the fender up the brake line with tie wraps supplied. Plug into the mating connector marked “war bonnet “ within the headlight housing . Now my bike is a 2019, so find out if your bike has that connector. If you already have a lighted war bonnet… that’s a gimme!

again, I used a step drill and the war bonnet mounting plate as a guide for where the holes should be. Using the first hole as a reference nearest to the front.

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Dark Horse
149 Posts
Oil change, inspection sticker, and much needed bath

Then my Freedom Shield 14" light grey windshield came in. Already so happy with this impulse buy, and very quick and friendly service.

I also may have splurged on a RAM mount. No ragrets!

And this came in after a donation. Proud to support my local law enforcement (and hopefully it doesn't go unnoticed if I'm busted for not paying attention to my speedo ;))

I also made a little personal touch of improvement to the start button. Credit goes out to a fellow rider I've never met but who was gracious enough to help me with grinding & cutting. Great community here.

I realize this was a while ago, But what size concho did you use to make that. It looks fantastic by the way. Good job.

·
Bronze member
2,919 Posts
I got the Challenger war bonnet, but when I offered it up, it didn’t look has good as the original.
Staying with the original😊

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not too happy,
Picked up the bike yesterday, Just over 50 miles home. Dealer did not tigten the temp rego which fell off and the clutch was slipping bad. Like real bad. when you roll on the throttle, RPM increases and the bike stays the same speed. Roll off the throttle and the clutch engages and you finally start to accelerate.

So dealer just picked up the bike to bring it back and have a gander at the clutch and see what is going on. Less than 60 miles on the thing and it is already back in the shop. I hope this is not an omen to how Indian ownership is.

So I guess what I did to my Springfield today is load it onto a dealer trailer for a ride back to them

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
:confused:

·
Bronze member
2,919 Posts
That’s not good, look for another dealer if that what there service is like, hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That’s not good, look for another dealer if that what there service is like, hope all goes well for you.
Yes, Sadly this is my feelings so far. I will give them a chance but not impressed at all. Which sucks because the more local to me dealer rubbed me the wrong way which is why this more distant dealer got my business.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you! I love them. Good deep rumble but crisp at the same time, and no droning on the highway. Wouldn’t change a thing.
I was on the fence last summer between those and the Rush ones. I went with the Rush because they have the option of putting on a quieter baffle. The 2.5s were a bit loud and raspy for me so I put the 2.0s on. Volume wise they're about right but I'm just ok with the sound when I'm cruising along. I think what's missing is the crispness you're referring to. They sound like stock only louder. I may wind up trying the Rineharts out next season. Have a good one

·
Registered
Dark Horse
375 Posts
I was on the fence last summer between those and the Rush ones. I went with the Rush because they have the option of putting on a quieter baffle. The 2.5s were a bit loud and raspy for me so I put the 2.0s on. Volume wise they're about right but I'm just ok with the sound when I'm cruising along. I think what's missing is the crispness you're referring to. They sound like stock only louder. I may wind up trying the Rineharts out next season. Have a good one
I was actually on the fence between those two as well, having not heard either in person I basically flipped a coin. So I couldn't tell you anything about comparing the two.

These aren't much louder than stock, loud at idle but that's about it. I also still have the cat for what it's worth.

You too brother!

·
Registered
90 Posts
1661 - 1680 of 1709 Posts