Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1503 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't posted in a while so here goes. A 2018 with 6200 miles. I've unplugged the stock pipes, k&n filter, cap. Itch, 14" flare wind screen ( oem) phone mount, power cord, 1 1/4" x 1 4" apes. These bars have a 3" offset which is nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where did you get the bars from? Looks great

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are hd road glide from krome wreks. They need to be modified a little bit but not to difficult. The stock clutch cable works but you must reroute. I found out that the extended cable from Indian is the same length as the stock one. The bars can stay upright but put you 3" back into the seat where you belong . I'm 5'-11" and now have more room in the cockpit .

·
Registered
180 Posts
That’s good to know, so the bar ends are stepped down like Indians?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes. 1" same as indian. The notch for Throttle by wire is the same the only problem you have is you have to extend the notches for the internal wiring But that's not too hard to do And everything just goes back together and fits just right. Just measure your stock bars for the hole Where the pin goes on the controls And that's it. Some people grind off the pin but I don't recommend that Drilling the bars For the pin Locator Is much safer.

·
Rider
1,084 Posts
Added this luggage rack that works with the Corbin Fire and Ice seat on my JD SF DH. I like how the shape is like an arrow head.

Rack is kinda small but supposedly supports up to 20 pounds..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would also like to add run & brake lights to the tour pack, but don't know how to wire them. Is there a connection under the seat, or is there a plug and play connector I could but some where?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not sure where it is, but there is a plug under the seat ready for a roadmaster trunk. So you'd just have to figure out which one that is and then the wiring should be pretty simple. There are 2 plugs under the seat that I remember seeing, one I know is for the heated seat (think it has green plastic on it) and I'm thinking the other one with blue is the one for trunk I would assume.

By the way that trunk looks better than most on there that I've seen. Where did you get it? and which quick connect did you use?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got a new to me Springfield this weekend! I wrecked my first one, 2016, after putting about 15k miles in less than 18 months, I hit a deer going 70mph. Totaled...

Well I found another 2016, identical, less than 7k miles! Riding north Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee area. Loving it!! Below are before and after pics.

29177DC1-8DB1-4D16-85BB-178D0BF954DB.jpeg
356A8515-F6C4-413F-BCE7-B6F9C0B868E4.jpeg

1481 - 1500 of 1503 Posts