Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your Springfield today ?

287646 Views 2115 Replies 273 Participants Last post by  ERIVO
I thought I would start a new thread for Springfield owners on what they did to their Spingfield for the day or previously Feel free to post pics, love to see them.
Here's mine.
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. Previously I installed the Chrome Thunder A/C, not a big fan of the stock A/C. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank
2101 - 2116 of 2116 Posts

· Registered
'21 Springfield Dark Horse
80 Posts
Hi folks!

Today finally installed Buffalobrand horn. Changed wiring and now hazard works with OE horn, Buffalo works only when motorcycle is switched on / started. All info in horn thread.

View attachment 724409
I searched but couldn't find the thread, then again it might just be me. Anyway, can yo link to that thread/post?

· Registered
21 Posts
I searched but couldn't find the thread, then again it might just be me. Anyway, can yo link to that thread/post?

· Registered
596 Posts
Figured out, after having it for 4 years, that the dealer put an 19” tire on the front (a Chieftan tire) and didn’t tell me. I was going to buy the OEM size till we checked them. ALWAYS check your tire sizes. Oh, and the rear was replaced with a Michelin at a dealership last year and they went up from the OEM 160 Dunlop to the 165 Michelin and because the bike was lowered, it rubbed on the rear fender nut and the tire wore out. So, I bought new tires today! UGH!

Reactions: DDBCK

· Registered
227 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
I changed my turn signals from the big orange stock ones to some sleek Motogadget ones. Plug and play DIY video published here:
Not really a fan, but I dislike them less than the stock ambers. And with the stock ambers off, you have less clashing with those hideous yellow shrinky dinks covering your passing lights 😘

· Registered
301 Posts
Not really a fan, but I dislike them less than the stock ambers. And with the stock ambers off, you have less clashing with those hideous yellow shrinky dinks covering your passing lights 😘
ha ha ha! You know I love my hideous yellow shrinky dinks man! :D But the do look even better without the clashing of the orange on the front.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, about the oil temp. Gauge info. I am southern IN so it will be awhile before we are in the 80's or 90's. A person I know at the factory thought only the road master might need the cooler in the southern states due to its factory lower. 220-230 should'nt be an issue with a quality oil. I'Il see what he says about temps. and how high is OK.

2101 - 2116 of 2116 Posts