Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your Springfield today ?

287646 Views 2115 Replies 273 Participants Last post by  ERIVO
I thought I would start a new thread for Springfield owners on what they did to their Spingfield for the day or previously Feel free to post pics, love to see them.
Here's mine.
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. Previously I installed the Chrome Thunder A/C, not a big fan of the stock A/C. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank
2081 - 2100 of 2116 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
These both have switched 12v power. I believe the small 2 wire is for the war bonnet and the 4 wire is for the driving light switch. Can anyone confirm? View attachment 723834
Along these same lines....I am wanting to buy and install a lit war bonnet..the one from Indian on their site to replace the unlit one on my 2022 SDH. I'm told it's plug and play. Is the plug above where I need to plug the lit one into? IF so, where exatly is this plug? Am I able to find it wiithout taking anything apart? I'm trying to find it and make sure it's still available before I buy the lit war bonnet. I had the dealer swap out the stock turn signals for some always on white halo ones that flash amber. So I'm a little worreid that maybe they migth have already used this plug for that, just not sure.

Thanks

· Registered
2016 SPRINGFIELD
17 Posts
Thanks. I read that before but was hoping someone had the connector number. But I had forgotten you were able to get the wires out and re-use it with the 2-pin delphi, which I have plenty of. So I'll likely do the same. Probably going to leave the one in the nacelle alone for now as I want to eventually use it for the headdress light. I'll use the version under the seat to run power for the wireless carplay unit I'm waiting for.

However, did find out the Molex 4 pin connector under the seat that is unused with switched power and ordered the male version. Will use it for heated seat once Saddlemen has the harnesses back in stock and I can order the two I need.
is this controlled by the ignition as I have a couple of things that I want to connect to the bike that require power and I want them switched. I plan on adding a relay and then grabbing power off the battery for my devices an amp for speakers and a charging station for gos or phone and a cigarette lighter

· Registered
'21 Springfield Dark Horse
80 Posts
Along these same lines....I am wanting to buy and install a lit war bonnet..the one from Indian on their site to replace the unlit one on my 2022 SDH. I'm told it's plug and play. Is the plug above where I need to plug the lit one into? IF so, where exatly is this plug? Am I able to find it wiithout taking anything apart? I'm trying to find it and make sure it's still available before I buy the lit war bonnet. I had the dealer swap out the stock turn signals for some always on white halo ones that flash amber. So I'm a little worreid that maybe they migth have already used this plug for that, just not sure.

Thanks
I believe it is. It is in the nacelle tucked away and taped up on the clutch side.

· Registered
'21 Springfield Dark Horse
80 Posts
is this controlled by the ignition as I have a couple of things that I want to connect to the bike that require power and I want them switched. I plan on adding a relay and then grabbing power off the battery for my devices an amp for speakers and a charging station for gos or phone and a cigarette lighter
According to my continuity tester it is controlled by ignition. Will be off when bike is off.

· Registered
Dark Horse
658 Posts

Thanks
It’s in the nacelle. I plugged my halo into it, but like you I also want the warbonnet so I guess I’ll splice it in.

· Bronze member
'19 SF - Metallic Jade & Thunder Black
1,594 Posts
I got the @CraigB1960 "stage 1" tune on my bike this past week and finally got some decent riding in. I was having fun with it but had to cut the ride short and hold off on some of the hot-rod riding as wind gusts in KY are 40mph+ today.

I'm hoping to get the Stage 3 cams dropped in in the next two weeks along w/ Craig's tune for them and really get at it.

Map Slope Font Line Parallel

2081 - 2100 of 2116 Posts