Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your Springfield today ?

287661 Views 2115 Replies 273 Participants Last post by  ERIVO
I thought I would start a new thread for Springfield owners on what they did to their Spingfield for the day or previously Feel free to post pics, love to see them.
Here's mine.
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. Previously I installed the Chrome Thunder A/C, not a big fan of the stock A/C. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank
2061 - 2080 of 2116 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
That looks great, looks like you removed one of the bolts that holds the top of the nacelle and replaced it with a RAM mount ball. Is there a RAM part number for the ball with the proper threads on the bolt? Or is this something you custom made with a bolt with the proper threads connected to a RAM ball? Thank you

· Registered
2022 SDH Stage 2
630 Posts
That looks great, looks like you removed one of the bolts that holds the top of the nacelle and replaced it with a RAM mount ball. Is there a RAM part number for the ball with the proper threads on the bolt? Or is this something you custom made with a bolt with the proper threads connected to a RAM ball? Thank you
The male RAM mount with an M6 thread is too small to work. I used a RAM Female M6 and an M6 SS post. The RAM PN is RAM-B-273SS-M6U. You can pick up the M6 post on Amazon. Find somewhere else other than the RAM website to buy this as they charge $35 to ship it!

· Registered
21 Posts
Today I've received parcels from US. There is Buffalobrand horn, connectors for wiring ( my own project ), Freedom Shield.

So, I'm planning to install horn which will work only in case of started and/or switched on motorcycle. While bike is sitting OE horn only will work i.e. alarm arming. Also bought 5 pin relay for connecting. Will share whole system diagram and installation.

· Registered
2016 SPRINGFIELD
17 Posts
You have the OEM windshield??? I just pruchased a 2016 springfield and i Know from preious bike that the buffeting can be annoying especially wearing a half Brain bucket. Do these lowers connect to the windshield mounts or did you need to adapt them ?

· Registered
'21 Springfield Dark Horse
80 Posts
Finished up installing my new exhaust. Rush Racing 2-1 exhaust, bought on clearance for only $350 at Daytona Beach Indian dealer (win)! Was originally trying to figure out how to make the bags work as the muffler that came with the kit was for soft or no bags. Well Rush has incredible customer service, they sent me a muffler can for hard bags for just shipping cost since it's a discontinued product! Also bought the Left side bag support from them. Install was super simple, but I did have to cut about 1" off of the heat shield to the front cylinder, Dremel and hi-temp paint made quick work of that issue! Also got the new Saddlemen Road Sofa installed and have to say I absolutely love the tan seat against the Sagebrush Smoke. Going to get rid of the sissy bar and add a razor tour pack (will have to paint it to match) with backrest that matches the seat. Lastly finally got my windscreen back from my buddy and got it installed, threw some black vinyl on it so see how it looked and like it quite a bit (it goes to my guy for powder coating Thursday). Next up is a FuelMoto tune and smaller front signal lights, thinking these but damn they're pricey! Also going to mount a wireless carplay screen and mount it the same way @Noisy Cricket did on post #2061 (thanks for the idea!)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Fender

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting

· Registered
302 Posts
I swapped out my license plate bolts for some after market super high performance ones. The lawyers won’t let them say this, but they are rated for up to 133 mph.

I only have a few pics for now. My full installation video might be posted later if I can get finished with all the editing….3 camera shoot, lots of b-roll footage stuff, need to clear some music rights, etc.

Some might be hesitant to jump in with a mode as invasive as this, but at some point you have to ask yourself, are you a poser or a real biker. Yes there’s a chance you could basically ruin your bike, but those risks are small. I could be struck by lightning too. Just take your time, go slow, don’t go fast, and whatever you do, just take your time.

I didn’t block out my license plate with a blur, finger or shop rag….which means I will mostly like be tracked down and raped. I took a shower just in case.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Brown Wood Gas Font Rectangle

Wood Flooring Bottle Road surface Font

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Tire

· Registered
2022 Roadmaster Limited
1,227 Posts
I swapped out my license plate bolts for some after market super high performance ones. The lawyers won’t let them say this, but they are rated for up to 133 mph.

I only have a few pics for now. My full installation video might be posted later if I can get finished with all the editing….3 camera shoot, lots of b-roll footage stuff, need to clear some music rights, etc.

Some might be hesitant to jump in with a mode as invasive as this, but at some point you have to ask yourself, are you a poser or a real biker. Yes there’s a chance you could basically ruin your bike, but those risks are small. I could be struck by lightning too. Just take your time, go slow, don’t go fast, and whatever you do, just take your time.

I didn’t block out my license plate with a blur, finger or shop rag….which means I will mostly like be tracked down and raped. I took a shower just in case.

View attachment 723482
View attachment 723483

View attachment 723484

View attachment 723485

You should have used the Revzilla beard scale…. You use a torque wrench?

· Registered
80 Posts
Tried searching the forum with no luck. Anyone know offhand the part number or connector number for the male version of this terminal? There is one in the nacelle taped up and one under the seat taped up. They are switched power and I want to use them but can’t find the proper male end to reuse them. Thanks.
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Bag Gas Electric blue Webbing Personal protective equipment

· Bronze member
'19 SF - Metallic Jade & Thunder Black
1,594 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
@Joe21SBSS -I looked for the male version and decided to just convert it to a Delphi like the others on our bike. I didn't need to cut the plug off. Here's how I did it: Another nacelle 12v auxiliary work up thread
Thanks. I read that before but was hoping someone had the connector number. But I had forgotten you were able to get the wires out and re-use it with the 2-pin delphi, which I have plenty of. So I'll likely do the same. Probably going to leave the one in the nacelle alone for now as I want to eventually use it for the headdress light. I'll use the version under the seat to run power for the wireless carplay unit I'm waiting for.

However, did find out the Molex 4 pin connector under the seat that is unused with switched power and ordered the male version. Will use it for heated seat once Saddlemen has the harnesses back in stock and I can order the two I need.

2061 - 2080 of 2116 Posts