Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1503 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would start a new thread for Springfield owners on what they did to their Spingfield for the day or previously Feel free to post pics, love to see them.
Here's mine.
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. Previously I installed the Chrome Thunder A/C, not a big fan of the stock A/C. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list.
SDC10127.JPG
SDC10137.JPG SDC10141.JPG

·
Bronze member
2,228 Posts
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list. View attachment 218945 View attachment 218953 View attachment 218961
Man, that's a beauty.

I was a Jack Man from my 20's to about 40 or so.

But now more of a Bullitt Rye kinda guy.

Toured the distillery on a cross-country tour on my Norton Interstate and one of my most vivid memories is of flapping the wooden lid on one of the vats so the tour group could get a whiff of pure lightning (I volunteered ;)).

Got high in about 40 seconds off the fumes.

But if they keep at it with those specials I may hafe'ta change my drink order back to 'Ol No. 7.

Congrats on having such a nice bike.

WD./

Reactions: streak and vintage

·
Bronze member
2,228 Posts
Nice bike , I did the tour and loved it ( is it still a dry state ?)
Nice bike? Are you referring to the Norton? or the JD Indian? (both are nice).

Pretty sure they are still dry but I went through 30+ years ago.

16,280 miles over 3.5 months and never stopped by a breakdown.

Amal slide failed during a fierce downpour in Tennesse (at night) and had to stop at a Triumph shop the next day.

But was back on the road about an hour later.

Self-repair in the parking lot.

WD./

·
Bronze member
1,834 Posts
I rode mine to work and home for work in the rain. I got home in between drizzles and dried it and got the cover out and covered it. No picture because a cover on a motorcycle is about the least interesting thing I can think of.

·
Bronze member
1,834 Posts
Side note to Wyattsdad. I went to the same high school Zappa went to, one of the six he attended. He graduated from a different one 15 years before me, but some of the teachers that were at Mission Bay remembered him for the semester he was there.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I finished tweaking my H-D Police seat. Got it just like I want and it's like riding on a cloud.
IMG_0613.JPG

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I thought I would start a new thread for Springfield owners on what they did to their Spingfield for the day or previously Feel free to post pics, love to see them.
Here's mine.
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. Previously I installed the Chrome Thunder A/C, not a big fan of the stock A/C. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list. View attachment 218945 View attachment 218953 View attachment 218961
Man that is a gorgeous bike!

Well, I got the cams installed today. Finally got the bike sounding and performing the way I want. Now I'll just continue to focus on cosmetic additions here and there. . .

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
i had a Mother Road Customs solo seat on it. You would need their mount kit or something similar to do it. Should you decide to do it, let me know and I'll tell you what I did.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ordered these flag mounts from Pro-Pad. Will post a photo of them on my Springfield after I install them. I ride in a lot of Patriot Guard missions, so the flags will be most fitting.

upload_2017-3-31_8-41-22.png

·
Rider
385 Posts
i had a Mother Road Customs solo seat on it. You would need their mount kit or something similar to do it. Should you decide to do it, let me know and I'll tell you what I did.
Thanks for that. $599 is a bit steep, roughly four times the amount that I paid for the seat, shock and fitting kit!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just had my dealer do the Stage One down load that pairs up with the Thunder A/C and V & H Slipons. Hard to tell the difference with and with out Download, but seems alitte more reponsive with.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I added the Pinnacle saddlebag protector rails today to my Springfield. It was about a 40 minute job. I could of done it in 30 minutes, but took my time, didn't want to scratch the paint. Very easy job, Indian had drill spots marked on the bottom of the bag. Just drill and pop in the hardware.
SDC10160.JPG

1 - 20 of 1503 Posts