Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1M views 9K replies 961 participants last post by  Rogue Diesel 
#1 · (Edited)
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

See less See more
#7,536 ·
Added a Dean Speed sissy bar, leather-wrapped Viking bags, and a longer than stock Barnett clutch cable (so I could tilt the reduced reach bars lower)…

Now I have to get a high back Corbin Brave, so I am selling my brand new Corbin solo and backrest - it is listed in classifieds if anyone is interested…

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Fender

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motorcycle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

#7,539 ·
Just got home last night, from a 4800 mile round trip to Pacifica California. The bike ran flawlessly, and has close to 37k miles on it now. The rear Shinko 777 did very well, and the front Dunlop American Elite hit a road cone weight at 75 mph, and kept on trucking. The subsequent fork wobble was pretty exciting, and my knee apparently hit the key and shut off the bike lol. It also spun the left mirror loose, and I had to tighten it back onto the lock collar!
Went through Yosemite on the way back, and even in the rain, it was enjoyable.
Charlie

Attachments

#7,540 ·
Just got home last night, from a 4800 mile round trip to Pacifica California. The bike ran flawlessly, and has close to 37k miles on it now. The rear Shinko 777 did very well, and the front Dunlop American Elite hit a road cone weight at 75 mph, and kept on trucking. The subsequent fork wobble was pretty exciting, and my knee apparently hit the key and shut off the bike lol. It also spun the left mirror loose, and I had to tighten it back onto the lock collar!
Went through Yosemite on the way back, and even in the rain, it was enjoyable.
Charlie
Wow, that's one HELL of a trip! Glad you made it back home safely. Now all she needs is a bath!

#7,551 ·
Installed Dean Speed shortest sissy bar…

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

#7,558 ·
Not a lot as recovering from knee surgery and Scout is in for service, custom paint and a couple of other bits and pieces, don’t expect it back until end of November.

Joint Shoe Furniture Leg Cabinetry

Nevertheless, I do have bucket loads of time on my hands. When hitting potholes the size of bomb craters my rear fender used to impinge on the exhaust. Hopefully this will be eradicated by the fitting of 22mm or 0.86” longer rod ends on my rear suspension! If not I sourced a Triumph Tiger tank pad. Carefully got my Dremel out and ground out the Triumph logo and sunk an Indian pin badge into it with a rubber seal surround. It may not even be required but as stated I needed to do something with my time!

Automotive lighting Grey Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas

Wood Grey Comfort Flooring Floor

Grey Camera lens Font Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

#7,561 ·
Hi Zolkalf, suspension is wound pretty tight already! Any tighter I would be in hard tail territory. Leg is healing well and I have a pressure Cryo cuff which is inflated from a thermos with ice cold water which reduces swelling massively but when I’m on the leg it swells. It can take up to a year for the swelling to totally subside. Two and a half weeks after surgery and I’m up to 8500 steps and 106 degrees bend angle. Thank you for asking!

Blue Luggage and bags Bag Floor Flooring

#7,563 ·
Finally got my handlebars and speedo the angles I want with the help of Roland Sands pullback risers and Rox risers for speedo tilt (used upside down)…

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Speedometer Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#7,566 ·
Nothing but I did swing by to see the sad state it's in. Standard Scout front wheel fitted for maneuverability. 'Eye on the prize' it should be nice when finished.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Light

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

As any reference to Indian is being removed from the tank, I got a couple of second-hand script badges which I spent time on polishing the scratches off. These will get fitted to the radiator shroud grill.

Brown Grey Font Beige Wood

#7,580 ·
View attachment 710523
[/QUOTE]
Nothing but I did swing by to see the sad state it's in. Standard Scout front wheel fitted for maneuverability. 'Eye on the prize' it should be nice when finished.

View attachment 710520

View attachment 710521

View attachment 710522

As any reference to Indian is being removed from the tank, I got a couple of second-hand script badges which I spent time on polishing the scratches off. These will get fitted to the radiator shroud grill.

View attachment 710523
I hope you get the puzzle back together and that there are no pieces left

#7,569 ·
How quiet are they with them in, like need earplugs rising or no?

#7,582 ·
I put on some long turnout slash cuts on the Rogue, just as loud as Radiant Cycles GP shortys that were on before…
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

#7,587 ·
Finally got the Viking Bags set on the Rogue. I used Custom Z Spain brackets for Bobber/Rogue and Kickfix quick release brackets from Germany on the bags. I put some heat shield on the bottom of the bag above pipes. Now I just need to plug the holes in the back of the bags since I moved around the brackets a couple times.

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Road surface Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Wheel

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Motor vehicle Grey

Green Camera accessory Cameras & optics Motor vehicle Reflex camera

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

#7,589 ·
That is the goal. The Chieftain is to big for my short ass so turning the Rogue into a mini bagger is my jam. This bike fits me perfectly.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.