Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1027037 7695
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
7681 - 7696 of 7696 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
437 Posts
View attachment 715807
View attachment 715808
My kid 3D printed this throttle assist device for me. Brought a tear to my eye…

Works like a dream. Easy to adjust, heel of my hand just floats on it. Ran through a tank full of gas in 40 degree weather. Had many issues with the cold but hand cramping was not one of them.
Ride safely, my friends.

That is awesome. I am still trying to find a comfortable one. The best one I had was my Kuryakyn ones that bolted on the end (throttle boss). Now that I have bar end mirrors, I can't use them.

Reactions: Charlie Chaplain

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had to send back my Corbin Highback brave seat for my Rogue since the tongue wasn’t long enough to fit in the slot by the gas tank. Christopher from Corbin welded on an extension and put new leather over it. Fits great now. Looks great, and saddle and lumbar part are very comfortable.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Tire Wheel Shoe Automotive tire White

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout
157 Posts
Took a nice ride on Thanksgiving, before I went to our daughter’s house for dinner. It was a beautiful 55 degree day!
Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue- Midnight Smoke
4 Posts
I put on some long turnout slash cuts on the Rogue, just as loud as Radiant Cycles GP shortys that were on before…
View attachment 711065
View attachment 711068
View attachment 711069
View attachment 711066
View attachment 711067
View attachment 711064
I put on some long turnout slash cuts on the Rogue, just as loud as Radiant Cycles GP shortys that were on before…
View attachment 711065
View attachment 711068
View attachment 711069
View attachment 711066
View attachment 711067
View attachment 711064
where did you get the bolt covers for under your seat?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Duluth Cycle - you have to glue or double-sided tape them in or they will fall out

Reactions: RogueXRider

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,663 Posts
Look at 'blind grommets.' I've got them fitted, warm them up with a heat gun to make them supple. Fit 'em (no tape/silicone/glue needed) and forget them. They are also only a few cents each from an electrical wholesaler (pack of 100 only £3:21 in my money) instead of the eye-watering price of nearly $30 for four.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
144 Posts
Look at 'blind grommets.' I've got them fitted, warm them up with a heat gun to make them supple. Fit 'em (no tape/silicone/glue needed) and forget them. They are also only a few cents each from an electrical wholesaler (pack of 100 only £3:21 in my money) instead of the eye-watering price of nearly $30 for four.

View attachment 717195
I was looking at them today on mine. I painted a couple bolts and was looking for M? bolt covers. Would you remember the size?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Reactions: dfresh

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,663 Posts
I was looking at them today on mine. I painted a couple bolts and was looking for M? bolt covers. Would you remember the size?
Unfortunately, Zolkalf my bike ain't here it's at the dealership at the moment else I would have measured for you. I measured the diameter of the hole and added 1mm, hence the reason I had to heat them to get them to fit. By using a small flat-bladed screwdriver you simply push the lip into the hole, and they stay put. This is what they look like and as stated they cost cents instead of you having to get bent over. For $30 by my calculations, I could have bought enough for 200 Scouts which I suspect the supplier of the $30 for four may be making a HUGE markup, best of luck to him if people are prepared to buy at that pricing.

Tableware Dishware Serveware Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
Indian Scout 100th Anniversary Special Edition
24 Posts
Unfortunately, Zolkalf my bike ain't here it's at the dealership at the moment else I would have measured for you. I measured the diameter of the hole and added 1mm, hence the reason I had to heat them to get them to fit. By using a small flat-bladed screwdriver you simply push the lip into the hole, and they stay put. This is what they look like and as stated they cost cents instead of you having to get bent over. For $30 by my calculations, I could have bought enough for 200 Scouts which I suspect the supplier of the $30 for four may be making a HUGE markup, best of luck to him if people are prepared to buy at that pricing.

View attachment 717296

I copied K9F’s great idea. I bought 25 mm grommets from eBay - see PVC RUBBER GROMMET 20MM 25MM OPEN CLOSED ELECTRICAL BACKBOXES BLIND PROTECTION | eBay

As K9F says, these are much cheaper and more effective than Indian‘s offering.

I also bought some m10 caps for the shock absorber nuts, to complete the look. See M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 M14 M16 M18 M20 Black Plastic Dome Nut Protection Cap Covers | eBay

Good luck, Brian.

7681 - 7696 of 7696 Posts